What is the best car air freshener?

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Reaction score
just a bit of research really, and i am a bit bored! :meeting:
after all of this wet weather and transporting a wet stinky dog quite a bit, i think i need an air freshener!
i have just ordered one of those california scent fresheners off the bay in cherry flavour!
what is your favourite?

Santa%20Barabar%20Berry%20California%20Scents2.jpg

Reactions: skiptowncat
I spray AutoGlym AutoFresh on my mats once a week ish when I wash the car, it's more of an odour neutraliser. I find air fresheners too sickly, (albeit I haven't tried those California scents ones).

Chez, drop me a PM if you need to me to ban Scott from this thread.

Reactions: crazy88
Chez, drop me a PM if you need to me to ban Scott from this thread.

What?

Ok, I'll stop messing.

Personally, any form of air freshener, like the car scents are pointless after you put a wet dog in the car.
The dog will over power it's smell and you will still get the wet dog smell.
If you wait along time between transporting the dog and cleaning the car, then yeah fine, it might mask the smell but really you want to do your best to limit the wetness of the dog and its smell from getting trapped in to the car seats and carpets.

Got a boot protector?

Windows work?

are those boot protectors scented like scott?
i dont like driving on dual carriageways in the rain with my windows down scott!
just an air freshener is needed, a simple method to mask the stink! jeez

its ok james!
i take it scott has the hump because he is still at work! and he knows i am off and free to walk my dog at leisure! :whip:

I hope you get wet through, freezing cold and stub a toe!!

I think I'd rather that happen to me than being in work.

102013.jpg

I have a Boot Protector in my car, best thing ever.

air freshener.... I like the magic Tree – Black ice

MjpEDOaKV4U62jnAEZqDPriPUDec9Tvf7ui4BAzFxdzJU9aEnjXvKizlPYkHWuZzkHGSbfg2ZokrYPVL6SlxHQWCrB93JEg6y5wteaO6WWrJOs9VZ_ynW2OjBRjy0zU6hwYXJtIEvN-i2ynMe36a6cwSFKjkhA=s90-c

102013.jpg

I have a Boot Protector in my car, best thing ever.

i did think about one of them, but the ones i seen were a bit too slippy for the dogs feet! he would be skidding around all over lol!
i have 4 rubber mats in the boot which keeps the sand and mud and water at bay!

i was always a fan of the green magic trees! and in the last car used neutrodol gel in the boot, but that makes your car smell like a vets!

cherry coranado (sp)

one in the cubby under headlight switch, one in the armrest, one in the glovebox and two in the boot. :D

Chemical Guys New Car Smell.

Oh yes, it works, it smells good.

i agree with you.
air fresheners make your car smell like a minicab.
have you been inside of a minicab lately?
i dont care who manufactures it they are all rubbish.
A good clean car and conditioned leather.
No need for air freshners

Reactions: warren_S5
I spilt a curry in the car once - it smelt great for ages.

I bet it would wipe out wet dog smell

Reactions: shariain and CHEZ
California Scents here as well now, has to be the Cherry one, you can get ones with an adjustable vent as the lid, so keep an eye out for those, you can gradually open them as the weeks go by to keep the smell going strong.

Before these were out, I was always a Vanilla Magic Tree fan, they were just amazing, not too weak and not too strong.

California Scents here as well now, has to be the Cherry one,.

it came yesterday and WOW! smells lush! :hubbahubba:
had to turn the grill thing a bit because it was a bit strong! but oh my! i love it!!!!!!!
it says it will last 2 months so i will give it a little road test to check its endurance!

Two pages...I can't believe Scott managed to spam two pages out of this thread. Unbelievable

(I'm on Tapatalk before you all hate me and say it's not 2 pages)

I thought I'd buy a few California Scents of the back of this thread. I opened the Cherry one first - oh my god! All I can smell is cherry and I'm not even sat in my car at the moment!! The kitchen stinks as I threw the tin lid in the kitchen bin and it's all over my fingers.

To say they're strong is an understatement... I'm actually dreading opening the car door later, it'll be like being punched in the face by an angry cherry!

6qehlf.jpg

Reactions: coatesy
they're strong for the first few days, then it settles down to comfortable levels.

Everyone seems to go mad for the California scents... I don't know why... They are rubbish compared to jelly belly air freshness...

I have found that no matter what air fresher I get, I get used to the smell.

To me the car smells of fart but other people say the car smells really nice.

Sex Wax make a good air freshener! Smells like surf wax when it has calmed down and lasts for ages!

i tried Chemical Guys new car scent a while back and thought it smelt like weed killer!!

keen to try the stripper scent though! Heard its nice!