What is needed to convert 8L 1.8 into 1.8T

To be perfectly frank the cost of doing so would far outweigh the cost of changing your car for a 1.8T. To do the conversion properly you would need to upgrade/change/add so many components that it would simply not be worth the hassle or costs involved.

turbo
turbo mani
inlet man
gearbox
brakes
fuel pump
fuel regulator
dump valve
pcv system
intercooler
suspension
uprated exhaust system
new ecu
new airbox

all for an epic 25bhp, 125bhp to 150bhp

Seconded... ECU is different, extra sensors, intake and exhaust etc... engine swaps aren't what they used to be tbh and as suggested, sell yours and buy one already done out of the box...

<tuffty/>

I have a pre-facelift 1.8T just asking for a mate of mine guess hes going to be dissapointed the next time he sees me:shrug:

Its not that it isn't doable but there is a lot of work and potential expense to do something that has already been done properly by the factory... now if he was trying to fit a 2.7 V6 bi-turbo engine from an S4 then go for it :)

<tuffty/>

Its not that it isn't doable but there is a lot of work and potential expense to do something that has already been done properly by the factory... now if he was trying to fit a 2.7 V6 bi-turbo engine from an S4 then go for it :)

<tuffty/>

Tuffty, everyone on this forum is waiting for you to take that up as your next project :p

That AH fab is good to go, just take an afternoon to shoe horn the engine in.

<tuffty/>
I wonder which would be cheaper and easier, the 2.7 Bi-Turbo or a 3.2 with a turbo added?

I wonder which would be cheaper and easier, the 2.7 Bi-Turbo or a 3.2 with a turbo added?

3.2 (R32 or TT) would be easier to do and adding a turbo has been done but still a lot of messing about... be tempted to just get an R3 and do it to that tbh...

<tuffty/>