1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is aluminium optics pack?/colour code arches

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by alexmonty, Nov 4, 2004.

1. alexmonty

alexmonty New Member

Hi what is the optics pack on an allroad for? Does it include the xenon auto ranginging headlamps?
    Also do the colour coded arches/bumpers make an allroad look exactly the same as an A6 avant or do you still notice the fatness of the tyres which I love.

Regards

Monty
  2. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

Our Allroad has the aluminium optics pack and it gives you aluminium-look roof-rails, door sill extensions and bash guards and I think that's it. Optics is a misleading word - you need to buy xenons separately.

The colour-coding codes the arches and most of the bumper but leaves a black chunk of black plastic in the middle of the bumpber at either. Still quite distinct from an A6. The car-configurator on the Audi site should show you what I mean if you select a light colour. Our Allroad doesn't have it but is black so doesn't really matter.

You definetely need the double-spoke alloys as the standard ones are horrid.
  3. Herald

Herald New Member

The Optic Pack is purely the cosmetic aluminium bits and is available separately, whereas the colour coding is only as part of the Limited Edition - unless you're going to spend the money to get it done after.
  4. SJobson

SJobson New Member

I've got a couple of pictures of a colour-coded Allroad (in Nogaro blue, nice):

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3
  5. alexmonty

alexmonty New Member

thanks - nice pics btw.
  6. Dazza

Dazza Member

Here's a couple of pics of my old Allroad - it was a Limited edition and had the aluminium optics pack and the colour coded bodywork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]