What Iridium Plugs??

ramos333

Reaction score
I've had a Revo map on my MY11 S3 and found a hesitation between 3k and 4k revs. Audi replaced the plugs and for the 1st month it was fine, now the problem seems to be back.

From what I can understand the standard plugs aren't up to the job. What are the best plugs to buy?

Cheers, Ramos

I'd suggest if your plugs are failing within one month you have a bigger probelm somewhere than just plugs.

What are they looking like when you pull them out?

I'd suggest if your plugs are failing within one month you have a bigger probelm somewhere than just plugs.

What are they looking like when you pull them out?

Hi Warren,

I must admit i'm not a very hands on type person when it comes to cars some haven't checked. However I read so many threads regarding upgrading the plugs I thought i'd give it a go, and if it carries on like you rightly say then it must be something else i.e. coil packs or MAF sensor?

Just ordered BKR7EIX spark plugs which again from what a read are meant to be the best?

Ramos

Certainly seem to be a very good option of mapped cars, and a perfectly acceptable alternative to the Denso plugs.

I'd get a feeler gauge and set them when they arrive just incase they aren't gapped exactly to the car.

Cars that do a lot of short journeys seem to suffer more veneering on the ceramic insulator, which in turn affects running as the plug can't work efficiently. Using fuel system cleaners made no difference for me, so I've just changed plugs every 10k (instead of the OEM recommendation of 60k!).

When you push the car harder you expect some side effects, but I'm not sure the FSi system works that well when cold, especially given some of the deposits being seen in cars when engines are opened up.

I've had a Revo map on my MY11 S3 and found a hesitation between 3k and 4k revs. Audi replaced the plugs and for the 1st month it was fine, now the problem seems to be back.

From what I can understand the standard plugs aren't up to the job. What are the best plugs to buy?

Cheers, Ramos

I seem to be having a very similar problem to the one you describe - different map though - AmD Stage2 with a Milltek TBE. Haven't tried changing anything yet though...let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
Sounds like the problem i had when revo agent loaded the wrong map. Check you have the MY11 updated map, that sorted mine. I think you need V10 for My11, it just hesitates at a constant 3-4k rpm if it has V9 installed. MY11 ECU is not the same as MY10. I have had no issues with hesitation or plugs since i got the right map installed :)

EDIT
Extract from e-mail from REVO
------------------------

As for your vehicle it sounds like your dealer has accidentally installed a earlier version of software that had some compatibility issues with revised firmware from the factory, this was all fixed in v10 of the 8P0 907 115AP S0010 code so this is a quick and easy fix for you!
------------------------
HTH :)

Last edited:
Mine is doing exactly the same but at this point has no map!

Standard 60 plate S3 DSG, hesitation when accelerating between 3-4k RPM, Audi had it and said no problems but its doing it now more than ever!

I'm gonna take it back and insist they do something more than plugging it in and taking it for a 5 min drive!

Read my avatar.......Audi=No fault code, no idea :)