1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What i need to buy for brake kit

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Andie0, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Right mot time come up and brake discs are worn and need replacing, i was recently chatting on here about getting a brake upgrade so now is the time i have the money and need to buy them asap!

i have decided to go for an s4 brake set up and want to no exactly what i need to buy in order for them to go on and fit correctly! Wouldlike some advice from someone who has done this upgrade already! Does the kit i need come from a b5 or b7 s4? Would be very greatful for all advice as need to get it all straight away! Thanks

by the way i have a b6 a4 1.8t 190 bex saloon
  2. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Not done a brake upgrade on mine I just put brembo discs and pads, how about the b6 s4 think they run 330mm discs
  3. Andie0

Andie0 Member

How were the brembo's did they improve your breaking? I was led to belive there isnt a b6 s4.... Maybe they meant there isnt a b6 rs4!
  4. dale86

dale86 Member

You can fit either b5 s4 or b6 b7 s4 brake upgrades all depends on your budget really I have b5 s4 setup to put on as it came up for cheap.
  5. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

There is no b6 rs4 but the are plenty of s4's. I like the brembos and for the money im happy with them. Had ebc ultimax dimpled and grooved before the brembos. They looked good behind the wheel but were **** when they got warm and produced loads of brake dust and didnt last very long.
  6. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Pabs can you send me a link from where you got your brake setup? Did you go for 312mm discs?
  7. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Yes mate 312mm and 255mm rear that's standard fitment on the 190's, I went on the brembo online parts catalogue to get the correct part numbers for the discs and pads then had a look on eBay. Definitely check the part numbers as loads of sellers were trying to sell me the wrong size discs and the wrong pads, I will try and find the seller I got mine off and get the part numbers for you