1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What hose/pipe is this?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RGL, Aug 15, 2013.

1. RGL

RGL Free breather

[Aug 15, 2013]
    Hi!

Does anybody know what hose/pipe it is (outlined with red on the picture included)? Maybe someone could tell me the OEM code for it (or for a replacement)? Engine is AGN 1.8 92kw.

IMG_20130815_152142.jpg

It looks like the previous owner(s) might've done some DIY on it and made go with a random topran hose. I have no idea what should be there originally, Vagcat didn't have a OEM number for it and it seemed a little bit different. Since the current one has cracks in it and I'm already replacing the upper airpipe it's connected to, then I thought I'd replace it aswell. Or maybe you guys can atleast give me suggestions on what to put there instead of the original. I hope you guys can help me.

Much appreciated!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Aug 15, 2013]
    It just looks like a breather hose off the Cylinder head ...
  4. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Aug 15, 2013]
    Yeh it appears to be the rocker breather, or similar. Is there any oily residue coming from the cracks?
    Best to get it leak free if it is what we think.
    Most of us are familier with the turbo engines as opposed to the n/a 1.8.
  5. RGL

RGL Free breather

[Aug 16, 2013]
    Thanks guys for your input! I know that you mostly deal with S3s and turbo'd A3s, which I'm also trying to one day obtain once my finances actually allow it :happy:. Anyway I figured I'd still give it a shot. Thanks again guys!