What have you done today?

Send them back. Nothing worse than a seller talking poo. Saying there real just so you would buy them he should get band in some way for selling fake ones as real. ****** me of that poo.

Yeah he swears down that they are real chrome but you can see the different colour underneath the finish where it’s been scratched in the inside of the casing and that only the 8p had aluminium case I told him to google the info for him self

All ready started a case I should of kept the other pair I had a few months ago Think I will just get some new from tps

past couple of days I have mostly been redesigning my blog.... been a bit of a ballache but happy with the results :)
Screen Shot 2018 01 12 at 231233

Screen Shot 2018 01 12 at 225446

Needed something to show my pics off seeing as photobucket should be pretty much binned off pretty soon

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sam_
We made over 100 when we were breeding British Shorthair, But our reds were too red, our blues we too grey, undershot jaw, too many white hairs in tortie's chocolate etc etc maybe the photo makes her face look less typey.

This is Amber's first litter
IMG 0062

And Tia Maria
IMG 0219

And our 1st British patchouli
IMG 0137

We had to stop breeding after my bike accident. Also had a few kitten deaths and one born alive with its insides on the outside.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Took my s3 out for a drive for the first time in 3 months. I’d forgotten how much fun it is to drive :racer: also had a long list of jobs I wanted to get done whilst it was off the road but literally only got about 20% through it before filing it in the ‘To do another day/month/year’ folder, Haha

Reactions: tomjol, s3 Hoggy, S3JACKSON and 1 other person
Last night I mostly had a crack at the Orion Nebula as it was a clear (ish) night....

The Orion Nebula (Messier 42) is situated in Orion's 'sword'... the middle and brightest 'star' as seen in this widefield image I took before christmas..
20171216-96dpi-IMG_9359-Edit.jpg

This is just a quick edit of a single image and therefore quite 'noisy'...
20180118-96dpi-7D2_3494-edit.jpg

Next task is to stack the 10 good images I got from the session along with some dark frames to improve the signal to noise ratio and then process properly in Photoshop... that should improve the image quality a bit if I have done it right

First time out for using the tracker mount and quite pleased with the results... this was of course just using a DSLR and my 100-400L lens... no telescopes..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3JACKSON, Sam_, hydro s3 and 1 other person
Brilliant work. I'm lucky enough to live in an area of very low light pollution, the stars always amaze me.

In other news I think I have purchased a set of reclining buckets for the front of my S3 8L.

The standard (unheated, full leather) Recaros are a whopping 35.5KG each, verified on my scales today.

The new ones are 12KG a piece.

Thats some saving.

Reactions: Alex C and IPG
Last night I mostly had a crack at the Orion Nebula as it was a clear (ish) night....

The Orion Nebula (Messier 42) is situated in Orion's 'sword'... the middle and brightest 'star' as seen in this widefield image I took before christmas..
20171216-96dpi-IMG_9359-Edit.jpg

This is just a quick edit of a single image and therefore quite 'noisy'...
20180118-96dpi-7D2_3494-edit.jpg

Next task is to stack the 10 good images I got from the session along with some dark frames to improve the signal to noise ratio and then process properly in Photoshop... that should improve the image quality a bit if I have done it right

First time out for using the tracker mount and quite pleased with the results... this was of course just using a DSLR and my 100-400L lens... no telescopes..

<tuffty/>
Better quality than NASA. Nice work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

....I have since re-edited the image... I took nearly 30 images of which 10 were useable so stacked those with 7 dark frames, faffed in PS and LR to produce this...

20180119-96dpi-stacked.jpg

Surprising how much noise gets removed and detail revealed with stacking... :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Stuart B, Sam_, Lavis89 and 1 other person
Fitted my new KW V1 Inox coilovers today, aswell as the R32 rear ARB.

The difference with the ARB is quite remarkable.

Need to let it settle and have a play with ride heights now. Then tracking.

Reactions: tomjol
Fitted a pair of old OMP reclining bucket seats and saved 27kg's.

Metal framework at the bottom still to be painted.

I still need to plastidip the backs satin black to blend them into the interior a bit more too.

I also removed the spare wheel set as I have Brembo front brakes and the space saver won't fit. I will put it back in for longer journeys however.

Total weight saved - 50KG.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.JPG
    IMG_2907.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2908.JPG
    IMG_2908.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2909.JPG
    IMG_2909.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: Tomsy, tomjol, Dohcwp and 2 others

I still need to plastidip the backs satin black to blend them into the interior a bit more too.

I also removed the spare wheel set as I have Brembo front brakes and the space saver won't fit. I will put it back in for longer journeys however.

Looks decent the back of them
Needs toning down like you say. it’s hard to believe how heavy the original seats are

Silver paint? Leave them, say they're "(new) S1 inspired" :whistle2:

After national windscreens broke my washer jet pipe, they agreed for audi to repair it. Gutted when they said they'd have to have it back on Tuesday as they didn't have all the parts. Quite chuffed though, when she said there was a recall on the coil packs, 4 free coil packs fitted when I take it back on Tuesday

DFD540B4 7D55 43EE ABBF C0834BB4BA82
Drove 200 mile round trip to pick up these 18z calipers adapters And new hel lines Girlfriend didn’t see the funny side that I spent £300 on brakes for a car that’s not moved in over a year

Last edited:
Reactions: hydro s3, GeorgieS3, S3JACKSON and 1 other person
That's a 47kg saving?

By the time I had swapped over the lower subframes, made my own brackets and installed runners the final total saved changing the 2 front seats was 27KGs, 13.5KGs per seat saving.

Reactions: GeorgieS3
This weekend I replaced a worn droplink, new pads. And fitted new headlights from trups. Amazing light in comparison to the old set, so much more clarity - even compared to my brothers 2016 Volvo v40 LED lights.
Love them! Haven’t driven the car in the dark properly yet as I need 4 wheels alignment - waiting on rear tie arms.

6404AF12 D7E9 4F50 B42D A8AC86CC0BDF

F5A15922 4133 4EF6 87E2 C11DAFFCA016

Reactions: S3 Hilife, ToughlilT and S3JACKSON
Finally deleted the pcv breather set up! Fed up of leaks.

Replaced rear shocks, nothing wrong with them but have been on the car for 16 years and i like new shiny bits.

Cleaned wheel arches and liners and treated some spots of rust, very good condition for a 16 year old car.

Reactions: ToughlilT, hydro s3 and S3 Hilife
Gave my Brembo's a thorough strip & clean.

I fully refurbished these about 18 months ago, split calipers, all new seals etc. They were brand new.

If you run Brembo's on your car I fully suggest you do the same, and give them a spring clean. Ive never known any caliper corrode so readily, they are made of the softest alloy known to man.

My car is a weekend toy that gets garaged over winter. They have seen plenty rain but barely any salt. I blow them dry with an airline whenever I wash my car. I'm amazed by how minging they were.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.JPG
    IMG_3160.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: GeorgieS3, hydro s3, S3 Hilife and 1 other person
most S3 owners spend that a month keeping the thing running

Reactions: andrew_wright, scotty_24, NIGE28 and 1 other person
Went out today to fit a new well of flea bay alarm siren. What a nightmare of a place they put it in. Got new one in but still only the hazard lights flashing.
I did notice when I had disconnected the old one that the 3 lines on it where all green and corroded. I tryed to clean the electric connector as best I could.
Would that be the best next thing to get a car electrician to wire up.a new connector?
I should have put this in my build thread. Is there a way to move it?
20180414 193201