What have you done today?

I love how good cars look in pics. Mine looks great in pics and not quite so good in reality haha.

Love noggy blue.

I love how good cars look in pics. Mine looks great in pics and not quite so good in reality haha.

Love noggy blue.

Very true :D

I love the colour but it needs paint on the front bumper/drivers wing, I'd love to colour code the skirts similar to an s4 and fit an s4 front bumper but that's cost prohibitive :( I also plan to paint the wheels as the powder coast has blown but not sure what colour to go, so far satin black is winning but I'm not 100% sold on it.

Cleaned the inlet manifolds on the 2.5 Derv, replaced a few of the rubber tubes between the injectors, and got my new toys to fit... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394153198991917

Injector O rings due to petrol smell, been slight now getting stronger, no signs of fluid leak from any accessible pipes or joints, on removal one o ring stuck inside manifold flange, X3 areas around manifold injector mounts well dirty and marked up so those areas have been cleaned along with injectors [exteriors] new o rings and rebuilt.

Perfect job for a nice sunny day!!

cheers

Mo.

Today, for the first time since blanking the EGR and sorting the inlet manifold boost leak, I'm going to fill the tank and see if there's any improvement to fuel consumption. Any ideas what I might expect? It has been pretty grim... 2.5 tdi AFB b5 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394617834758701

Uploadfromtaptalk1395078924311 found the sourch of my water leak, replaced the cooler, and it still leaks so need a new hose and clamps.Uploadfromtaptalk1395079544223

Few jobs tackled today. I picked up a few parts from tonya4 last sunday to start bring the QTS back to how it should be.

First up was replacing the headlight that got damaged by the previous owner.

Swapping the HID's from one unit to the other

While I was there I decided I should give the bay a quick clean as it has years of grime under there :( It's by no means perfect at the moment but it's an improvement.

Before

After

While I was at it I also picked up some new lower door trims from tonya (thanks again mate) as mine were in a state

Fitted

Much better :)

Finished off by giving it a very quick clean and polish, I will get it machined polished one day to get it as good as it can be :) Wheels are also on the todo list..

Just need to get the new wing sprayed and fitted now

To solve the issue with the sunk filler in my current wing :(

Car is looking good mate! What did you clean the engine bay with? Just a bit of elbow grease or steam etc?

My car could do with a good clean, it's filthy at the moment. I also need to spray my front grill black, yours looks so good!

It was just a quick clean under the bonnet. Just used my wash mit and car shampoo. Need to buy some more back to black for the plastic covers and scuttle, that should make it better. Tempted to get a new coolant bottle also as this one is nasty.

By the looks of it you have the same rarer 8J ET35 boleros as me with the deeper looking dish !!

Car looks good mate especially in noggy blue :)

Sure do mate. Believe they are off an audi 80 cab.

The colour is my favourite part of the car but it needs work to bring it back to a decent condition.

The wheels will get a refurb once I can find some wheels to use for a few days and have the money to get them powder coated.

Audi 80 cabs are 4 stud arent they ?? As thats what i thought they were off my centre caps have 97' stamped on them !!

I was going to ask if you had spacers or the deeper wheels. I do love the way the deeper wheels sit in the arch. What size spacer would I need to achieve the same offset?

Whats the offset of yours? I'm tempted to get longer bolts and run 5mm spacers all around to make them sit fully flush :)

Is there enough adjustment in the oem setup to allow you to run that low and yet set the alignment as it should be?

Interesting. The camber doesn't really bother me that's good to know. What's the ride like compared to the oem set up. I want to keep it comfortable and able to clear speed humps hence why I haven't lowered it already.

Interesting. The camber doesn't really bother me that's good to know. What's the ride like compared to the oem set up. I want to keep it comfortable and able to clear speed humps hence why I haven't lowered it already.

The ride is very firm and speed bumps are a pain. If I adjusted it and gave myself an extra 20mm clearance it would be fine but I avoid speed bumps regardless as they muck the car up. New Bilstein dampers with Eibach springs is a very good compromise

I already have one car that can't go over speed humps, quite like the fact this one can plus if I lower it I have to declare it to the insurance company which means insurance is more of a ball ache :( Still tempting though.

Fitted a Bilstein B12 pro kit to the S4 Uploadfromtaptalk1395533397624Uploadfromtaptalk1395533430645Uploadfromtaptalk1395533456133Uploadfromtaptalk1395533474055

Reactions: crazy88
Yes very easy, the jack was a ghetto hydraulic spring compressor, as i loaned my spring compressors out a while ago and never got them back.

Nowadays it's a 'no i haven't got one' whenever people want to borrow tools, shame but it's just how it has ended up.

I bought my self a hydraulic spring compressor off ebay at least with the size of it folk dont ask to borrow it..
ive had a few mates come up and use it but none asking to borrow it.

ive got 2 sets of screwed rod style spring compressors that are redundant now and no ones asked to borrow them though..

ive fitted my PFL s4 xenon's today...

before

after

Last edited:
Filled the old jalopy up this morning after work, after sorting out inlet manifolds, and blanking EGR, not to mention a week of having my steering wheel pointing straight again (set badly at Target Tyres in Perth, not going there again), new Meyle HD kit on the front, my fuel consumption looks more 'normal', even with a few 'tests' of acceleration to make sure the car is pulling properly. A 5MPG improvement is pretty decent
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395640543410977

Did a small mount of car stuff on sunday.

Refitted the summer wheels to the avant, topped off screenwash on both cars and gave the avant an oil change.

Shed needs an oil change too but i only had one filter on the shelf. I then gave shed a quick bucket and sponge wash. Avant really needs a wash too, but i like to do that properly with the snowfoam and whatnot, so it didnt get done. Might do that tonight after work if the sun stays out.

I need to get the summer wheels from shed painted then they can go back on too.

I think theres three versions of the 5 stud bolero

7J ET45, as fitted to TQS as standard
8J ET40, fitted to the Late model Audi 100, and the Early A6 models (the ones that looked exactly like the Audi 100)
8J ET35, fitted to the Audi V8, and also sold as a Votex Option wheel.

Theres also some 4 stud ones but i've not looked into those.