What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Removed some H7 aftermarket HID bulbs (yuk plastic end ones *cheap and nasty - previous owner), rerouted cable and B/pack *not 100% sure I'm happy still (so fussy) replaced bulbs for H7R and checked alignment *big thumbs up and then noticed slight flicker (so ordering some Warning Cancellers) hopefully that should do the trick. Noticed that my front indicator's stay on (European look) so need to find someone with a VAG to do a simple change of code *WAVES HANDS (ANYBODY) local in Surrey? ?? And finally took of front lip / splitter *keeps dragging on slight bumps as still so low (must get round to doing coil over height adjustment) and to be honest I don't like the look ha ha it looks better standard bumper look. So not a lot done just a little bit this evening before dark (I'm so boring) ha ha oh and remove stupid yellow film (again previous owner) off front fogs.

spent a few hours refurbing the pair of 19" alloys I picked last week as a spare and backup, sanded , prepared and wet paint with a decent laquer and they look almost useable now, well fine as a spare etc, also postman pad delivered me 4 nice new oem hub caps ( not some of the tacky copies around) did a deal for them £20 the lot...so all in a good day today.

View attachment 127848 View attachment 127849

Looks good and reminded me I need to order some audi 60mm centre caps or covers for my aftermarket wolfrace alloys...

checkout the VCDS map and you see who nearby to you....maybe one closer than you think.

it's the map showing where members are located that have VCDS diags....you will see a tab on the menu bars saying VCDS map....or just look at other members avatars and it will say VCDS map user...

it's the map showing where members are located that have VCDS diags....you will see a tab on the menu bars saying VCDS map....or just look at other members avatars and it will say VCDS map user...

Thanks buddy (newbie fail)

Gone from this

View attachment 127247

Then slowly to

View attachment 127248

This

View attachment 127249

19" fronts 225/35 (19x8.5J) and rears 235/35 (19x9.5J) staggered alloys to 18" s 215/40 8J all round. Now just to lift her up a little front and back and that part of my work will be done but just to add; I did also a full inspection (some work to do) - de badged the rear, cleaned out the dust in the speedo unit, removed a penny wedged in ash tray section (had to remove the centre and refit) but it works. Fixed brake sensor fault - loose connections. Removed spare wheel and cleaned boot now to fit a temp fix kit instead. And hopefully today replace lid on centre console and rebadge Matt rings on boot

Love the wheels! Was thinking of getting 19s for mine but after seeing these I'm tempted to stick to 18s and lower it on them.

Is your front Audi emblem painted black? If so would you be able to post a pick? Got the same colour A4 as you and have been considering changing the emblem to black but not sure what it would look like.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mark1973
Love the wheels! Was thinking of getting 19s for mine but after seeing these I'm tempted to stick to 18s and lower it on them.

Is your front Audi emblem painted black? If so would you be able to post a pick? Got the same colour A4 as you and have been considering changing the emblem to black but not sure what it would look like.

Thanks.

It is painted black but will be changing soon to debadge version possibly.

1496948301818 1628426835

And matching black on rear

1496948345072 453626507

Reactions: Tom.S92
looks like the one I had in my 09 polo tfsi....with those big old lugs, what did he state it was for Dani.

The same one mark posted up, B6/b7 a4 rob. Clearly it isn't. So either mark posted the wrong one or I've been sent the wrong one. Not happy at all.

The same one mark posted up, B6/b7 a4 rob. Clearly it isn't. So either mark posted the wrong one or I've been sent the wrong one. Not happy at all.
There are 2 different types why it usual states to measure the gap between the fixing brackets, made the mistake with my first one just assumed it was the right one.

Reactions: Dani_B19

The one in the link was no good for mine either, I've given up looking to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's annoying as the seller never stated to check and that there's 2 types.

I've emaile them so we'll see. If not I'll just open a dispute and send it back.

Fed up with eBay at the minute tbh.

Now knowing what I'm looking for yes that is the same as mine.

****** arm rests eh.

What's the quality like of this one jay?

That looks the same as mine dani I'll take it if your selling
IMG 0883

Took it for the annual dread, my first since owning the car. I'm pleased to say we passed with flying colours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: carlcall
More good news then Jon, allways good to get by another year without any dreaded MOT nasty's...

Reactions: J0N
Done nothing at work all day so thought id get round to fitting rear coilovers been sat in garage for a while....... found both rear springs snapped explaining the uneven stance across rear axle. Since hhad to remove arch liner got the waxoyl out and coated all inner panel to save her for a few more years.

Just need to let dry overnight and reinstall liners and wheels. Will leave to settle a few weeks before making adjustments to rideheight. Hopefully wheels will stop scrubbing now under load

IMG 2175
IMG 2177
IMG 2179
IMG 2181
IMG 2182
IMG 2184

Reactions: James.c, martin1984, TOM.S and 1 other person
Tackled this mess, and it was a mess.

1 wire broken clean in half and 3 more with multiple cracks and breaks.

Wasn't fun but took the door card off anyway to finish my partial interior swap and took the drivers speaker out and just fed the loom through.

Hopefully it'll hold for a few more years as I've soldered it then than crimped it, also heat wrapped the wires and put plenty of KY on for easy lubrication so the wires can move more freely.

All in all took about 2 hours but I must say I have never soldered before so for someone who's ofay with soldering should be about an hour.

Anyway I now have a working drivers speaker and hopefully no potential wiring gremlins for a long time.
IMG 3234

Glad to see you've gotten it sorted out Dani......it must be an Audi thing on some cars seem to have brittle wiring. Aas can you not remember how bad the wires were in my Bi-Xenons?

Anyway finally got the shutters of my Bi-Xenons wired up the other day as it was the dreaded MOT today and thought I'd best get them done for it.

And as per last year it flew through with no advisories even with my temperamental DPF :smirk:

The B6/b7 do seem to suffer quite badly tbh Carl. You remember when my boot locked itself shut due to the Earth wiring going.

Yeah I remember. They were shocking pal. Fingers crossed mine don't play up the same. Checked the wiring regular on them and so far not seen a broken wire.

It was the blue and yellow that got me, clean break and half way down the sleeveing.

Reactions: carlcall
Hi dani got it and fitted looks good re wiring my b6 went in to lock down due to broken wire in door AA found it good man

Glad to hear pal. Least it fits.

Yeah that's what I didn't want to happen again, that brown wire is a Earth and after the boot saga I didn't fancy a whole car lock down haha.

Done nothing at work all day so thought id get round to fitting rear coilovers been sat in garage for a while....... found both rear springs snapped explaining the uneven stance across rear axle. Since hhad to remove arch liner got the waxoyl out and coated all inner panel to save her for a few more years.

Just need to let dry overnight and reinstall liners and wheels. Will leave to settle a few weeks before making adjustments to rideheight. Hopefully wheels will stop scrubbing now under load

View attachment 128466 View attachment 128467 View attachment 128468 View attachment 128469 View attachment 128470 View attachment 128471

should be doing mine this weekend how long did it take you so i leave myself enough time and any thing to watch for ?

should be doing mine this weekend how long did it take you so i leave myself enough time and any thing to watch for ?

Just doing the springs??

Mine was all done and changed within 2 hours. Depends what type of coil spring compressor you have? I also didnt remove the suspension arms as didnt want to play with tracking/camber setup. So i dropped the archliner out, removed the damper then lowered subframe nearly 100% off. This gave me enough room to get the spring compressor in and give me enough wiggle room to remove the spring with a long bar locked under the anti roll bar and pushing the hub down to release the spring. Wouldnt use a haynes manual, etc. For me it removes more than needed

Just doing the springs??

Mine was all done and changed within 2 hours. Depends what type of coil spring compressor you have? I also didnt remove the suspension arms as didnt want to play with tracking/camber setup. So i dropped the archliner out, removed the damper then lowered subframe nearly 100% off. This gave me enough room to get the spring compressor in and give me enough wiggle room to remove the spring with a long bar locked under the anti roll bar and pushing the hub down to release the spring. Wouldnt use a haynes manual, etc. For me it removes more than needed
Doing noth spring and damper watched a vid just a little worried how much to lower sub frame to release the springs?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Well I had to eventually as I couldn't justify £700'ish for an exhaust I don't really like the manufacturer of.

e90a69549bf948036d538afe2f148f30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James.c and DieselJake
Got my car serviced at Audi on weekend and got a list of things that need sorting....

586a490446c83df3eeadd3335130d647.jpg

The technician that was working on my car called me and said there's no point in really changing the discs at the moment because still got plenty of wear in the pads and the oil leak could be from the last oil filer not being sealed properly.

The things that I do need to get sorted though are the rear bump stops and the exhaust clamp.

I'm not really sure about the bump stops is that something that can be done as a diy?

And for the exhaust clamp does anyone have a part number for what I need? They had one on the receipt but I googled t and nothing came up.
0840d562d5bebe4567c0d4a6f2ba8a7e.jpg

If anyone could give me some insight on this I'd appreciate it thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing noth spring and damper watched a vid just a little worried how much to lower sub frame to release the springs?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Take one subframe bolt out at a time then can wind it back in a couple of threads.

Reactions: martin1984
If you lower the subframe you will need to get a tracking done after, all of your alignment will be out. Probably worth it with the new springs anyway, the car will sit in a different place. I would let them settle before you get it done though maybe 50 miles

Reactions: martin1984
Got the car back from its significant sort out at AKS.

It no longer sounds like a Subaru, goes in a straight line and goes there quite quickly. Happy days. :D

Next stop, R-Tech.

Glad to hear pal. Guessing it's fwd and not quattro?

Reactions: stu-evans and Baka