What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Lot of work recently.

New rear window
Rear window tinted (somehow he hasn't matched it up and the rear is darker now)
New thermostat (temp gauge was on 1/4 for about 2 months)
Xenon headlights and knocked out the amber reflectors and just running them without any as couldn't source any clear ones.

Still need to do LED side/drl lights
Alloys back to silver
front bumper re spray

I get p0171 error every 200 miles or so garage replaced pcv valve for me and diverter valve but still comes back every now and again, after a bit of research it looks like its a vacuum leak but i dont have any loss of power or rough idle so not sure where it could be coming from has anyone else ever experienced this and managed to fix it?
Ive got a set of clear lense for sale but packed away as moving at mo if your intrested.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Ive got a set of clear lense for sale but packed away as moving at mo if your intrested.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
I had some my self to be honest mate on my old headlights but the garage i got to fit my new ones didn't give me them back! Not going to bother fitting them as looks and operates nearly the same without thank, thanks for the offer though

Reactions: martin1984
Got the nice people at The TT Shop to check and change my HPFP cam follower. It's okay!

Fitted Cruise Control,Dis and FBSW

Attachments

• 20170108_112942.jpg
    20170108_112942.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 20170108_152924.jpg
    20170108_152924.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Toblahoe, James.c and 3 others
meant to also ask chap, was it a straight fit or any fitment issues that one should be made a note of, I am still looking for one and yours looks very good so i'd be keen to know what the format is chap.
cheers
rob

Carl is that first one from the bat mobile ? lmao

you got them calipers on yet then mate ?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I only put them up for Rob really.....you know how indecisive he is lol

No Tony got some chips in the paint on one of them, just waiting to see if they will pay for me to get them refurbed or get a replacement set. Or I just say Bo**ox to them and put the money towards something else....

nah dont get shot pal you'll regret it, and once there on you'll love em

not sure about either of those carl , they just look a bit to bulky if you know what I mean, nice all the same .
I really like the original 3 spoke pattern but in a flat bottom option , probably why I liked the one in sumners pics .
Thanks for the pics though carl , on the caliper front, i'd send them back and use the wedge for something else , I keep on looking at another BBK , but i cant make my mind up , probably just give them a miss and get something else , maybe some nice wingback recaro's.

Rob mate, just to change subject slightly, when you got your deep dish wheels that wouldnt fit, what offset did you try ?

still talking wheels but not steering lol

If I did return them it would be used towards some new home cinema speakers.....it's not that I annoy the neighbours already with my existing setup but contemplating adding the extras for an Atmos setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
not sure tony, i'll need to look back at my info to find out, what I did find was that I could 'nt use spacers with them either as it just compounded the problem, they cleared the calipers by a few mm but were then to far out and would have fouled on the wheel arches.

Did a fair bit of research and concluded that if I went to a 19" on a higher ET offset than with the 18" rims then they would be just about right but still needed some thin spacers ....
I'll look back tony and wee what they were.

rob

Reactions: tony mc
doing the research myself now mate i think i'll be needing an 19" et35 on an 8j and a 10mm spacer or a 19" et25 on 8.5j, its hurting my head to be honest, might just buy some 19" rs6 wheels like the 18's i have on now and be done.

Last edited:
Rob mate, just to change subject slightly, when you got your deep dish wheels that wouldnt fit, what offset did you try ?

still talking wheels but not steering lol

They were an ET35 offset , and no matter what combo I used or experimented with they were never going to go on and look right etc, I'm pretty well 99.9% sure now that if i'd gone to a 19" with an ET 43 then they would have been spot on, anyway that's another story......

Reactions: tony mc
hoping not that much, i must be an et25 with the spacers on now as the standard wheels are 18 8j et35 ?

After a while I just lost the plot with them , spent so much time doing calculations on what was needed to get them to fit etc , it did my head in , just couldn't see the wood for the trees...lol.

now I know what I need and what will fit i'd still like to go with the 19" vermillions .....

Carl you pain, just been and checked, aint half cold on the floor lol, they came with the car and they are oem look
20170112 184653

I'm running the s5 peelers which are 19x9 et33 with a 235/35 Tyre. No spacers, no rubbing and they sit pretty much flush if that helps?

thanks jim but i have have them brembo's to get past mate, i'll still need a spacer,

changing thread to any one know, keep this one cleaner

Last edited:
I fitted the power flex snub mount and the idle seems fine on my diesel! It's not far off as solid as the neuspeed one I think just because it's round in a square hole it still allows enough movement where as that neuspeed was a tight fit and didn't!

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
How easy is it to change the snub mount? And which one should I go for, mine is kinda rough on idle, usually quite shakey, still on the stock one.

I've tried a few different Snub Mounts @Toblahoe but this has to be the nicest that's on a par with the OEM one on idle.....especially on a diesel.

At the end of the day it's your choice, the Powerflex (Clicky) one is just shy of £24 inc delivery, comes with a lifetime warranty and is really easy to fit.

The OEM one I'm not sure how long they will last in all honesty as mine was roughly 8 years old when I changed it with roughly 100k on the clock, yet some have lasted 10 years with only 50k on the clock. I don't know how much the OEM ones are but I'm sure @Just Rob. will be able to say how much as he bought one not so long ago.

But like I've said the final choice is yours at the end of the day.

Reactions: Toblahoe and James.c
db91f37bf35a9b29d0614c98cf7721ff.png
d2b5e9a77ee06a0c9f02a32f84403d5e.png

Keep getting this every now and again. Performance isn't effected at all. Wondering what it could be. Can sometimes here a whistle from a intake of some sort it seems when putting my foot down(don't think it's the turbo spooling up(would that even make a noise on b7 I wouldn't even know to be honest))

Reactions: carlcall
Put a new battery in as mine was down to 11v. Bit fiddly but no more to than my E46.

e5c27cb6e64247e29d7c3b33dd31c053.jpg

8e790c51c8b59f58542525ca04d3550c.jpg

Gave the bay a bit of a clean out.

Also tried the Bluetooth OBDII and torque app.

23d677211dfd99d6686911dbc94d3d05.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

After the forecast blizzards and apocalyptic wether that was due to hit us yesterday just didn't materialize again I Decided to give the old bus a weekly winter check over , adjusted my tips a shade as one had moved out of centre and looked abit odd ,all good now, ran VCDS no probs , also a bonus,
finished off with a wash and blow dry , then got it dirty again ....lol
Anyway , a few pics of my Quattro avant in it's natural habitat, off the road on some slippery stuff, well a bit of sleety grass haha.....

getting ready to do my coolant flange tomorrow so something is bound to go wrong...
Au7
Au8
Au9
Au10
Au11
Au12

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, jimmyjamms, James.c and 1 other person
thanks chap , brilliant black is a great color when its clean but a real pain to keep looking that way, but I love the car either way .....cheers
rob

Tried to go on a job today up north but after an hour and a half to get to Sutton bank, weaving past various stuck/spinning mercs and BMWs, found it was shut due to a flipped vehicle so turned round as the other routes looked silly too... but took an opportunity to take a quick snap or two...
c62ba72bf913beafc871898ac4001233.jpg

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5, Stanningtonglen, James.c and 1 other person