What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

yep our local cake shops is a very " special cake shop " and they sell only the very best and special cakes....haha , what more can one expect carl, if one drives a special edition audi then one has too have special cakes aswell...lol

So are they like the cakes from Amsterdam lol

Reactions: Stue pot
They may well be very similar ones carl....nudge , nugde , wink wink....

No probs tony, I have had a glass to many tonight to drown my sorrows, had to have one of my woofers put to sleep this afternoon , very sad day so looking to cheer myself up with some witty banter.
have a good evening chap.

sad to hear it pal, i'm also a dog owner, been there got the t shirt, it'll get better with time mate

Reactions: Charlie Farley
you can send me some of them cakes over like might help me choose a new style of wheel

had to have one of my woofers put to sleep this afternoon , very sad day so looking to cheer myself up with some witty banter.

So sorry to hear that Rob....he/she will be in a better place now then!

And why come on here for witty banter? You know we'll only take the p**s for you being a Southern Shandy Drinker :grin:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tony mc
you can send me some of them cakes over like might help me choose a new style of wheel

Found some that I think you may like Tony....but you'd need some special cakes to make them look right.....

s-l1600.jpg

I wonder what the black mount would be like?

While where in the subject of mounts, any of the Quattro chaps changed the rear diff mount?

Well I've just started to do the Snub Mount and in all honesty the new Powerflex one is on a par or maybe slightly softer that the rubber one.

But I think the rubber one is goosed...

2017 01 07 151809
2017 01 07 152011

and the new one fitted to the mount....

2017 01 07 152334
2017 01 07 152354

Now I just need to put the car back together and try it out. I definitely think this one will be the one to get. I'll be back on later and give you all the verdict!

Reactions: jimmyjamms, Dani_B19, James.c and 2 others
Well ****** me with a 5' barge pole.....

That has to be the smoothest that the car has ever driven, that includes pulling away slowly or like an idiot forcing the traction control to kick in....no movement or juddering at all.

And whilst driving it's really smooth and when you put you foot down and let it off and put it down again there's no slack that has to be taken up before you get it all to the wheels....there is no movement at all.

Now the main part I was worried about was at idle, especially with it being an oil burner.....not one vibration was felt in the cabin.....nothing.....nada....niente.....the only way I can describe it was that it was as if the engine wasn't running.

Now I know the rubber one I tried was good (Even Rob will say it was good) especially over the APR I had on.....but this one has to be the best you will ever get!

Reactions: DrStrange, tony mc, Dani_B19 and 2 others
I best get one now then carl, I have the original oem one fitted again at the moment , but think I will give this item at try now , and since you have given it such a rave review it should be fine for my " special edition" .....
and what a way to start a reply carl, that's a big old barge poll aswell, ouch...lol

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
You will not regret it Rob......and once fitted I can send you either a bigger or smaller barge pole for yourself as you will be amazed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to do this for a while. After that review and after seeing a tear in it. It's made me wanna change it now...
Is there any way to know if it's the D shape or. Cylinder shape? With out having a look?

I've been meaning to do this for a while. After that review and after seeing a tear in it. It's made me wanna change it now...
Is there any way to know if it's the D shape or. Cylinder shape? With out having a look?

In all honesty I couldn't tell you.....you could always give Audi a ring and ask them the part number for the front snub mount with your VIN number.

I would also say that it probably is the D shaped one....but I could be wrong!

You will not regret it Rob......and once fitted I can send you either a bigger or smaller barge pole for yourself as you will be amazed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Am i right in thinking this isn't worth doing on the 3.2's? Something to do with already have an uprated mount?

I don't know Squattro4 as they list the same part for all variants apart from the RS4 CLICKY
I noticed that... I've got 3.0 tdi lump and that's heavier... did make me wonder.

Guess I'm going to have a look can you see it, With out taking anything off? Edit don't worry it should be the D shape one.

Last edited:
I'd take a punt as at worst it would be the same....but I'm sure it's the same/similar to the standard 2.0 one so would be an upgrade.

I took a punt on one as I have a yellow one on the Mrs' Focus and that's smooth and it's been on it for roughly 6 years.

Damn it, looks like I'm forking out again then haha.

I wonder with how the rubber had split though if it was causing any negative effects as where it had split shouldn't affect it really!

It was a round hole with a D shape in it Dani.....and that was the top of the mount so gets really abused under acceleration as the engine lifts up at the front.

Mine should come Monday! Does anyone want my neuspeed one? Just pay for postage and its yours, too brutal for tdi you can hardly move it with your hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know Dani is that they are 48 Cree LED with a Mirror Reflector and are 700 lumen from HERE but they weren't £12 I'm sure of it. And yes I put the resistors in under the Xenon bulbs whilst I had them open.

Finally got mine fitted, could you also link me to which resistors you used cheers

Fitted my turbo intake pipe on my 2.0t :D

35aa52d9baac72f9e8ae22fac5fd98a1.jpg

ce03d1cd3b6e85cf540430c7ef433193.jpg

a01441900d02549798cc2d052d27f40e.jpg

Nice bit of kit

Reactions: James.c and carlcall
Fitted my turbo intake pipe on my 2.0t :D

35aa52d9baac72f9e8ae22fac5fd98a1.jpg

ce03d1cd3b6e85cf540430c7ef433193.jpg

a01441900d02549798cc2d052d27f40e.jpg

Nice bit of kit

That is nice mate I might have to get one to adapt for my tdi, nice to see a fellow s2000 filter user too!

nice dimi, and if by some chance you want to sell them , I could give them a very good home....

Here you go pal CLICKY HERE and you'll need two new DRL bulb holders from Audi or TPS so you can make them plug n play as the connector on the end of the resistors are awful.
Dont suppose you would have a link or part number for the Bulb holders too?

I'm confused dimi, are you selling them now ...

I was thinking ... but Alan year back said to me - when you touch Oz's ... nothing else can't be better ;) and he is right !
Nothing better for me up to £1000 for wheels so i will keep them for me !
Not for sale anymore !

Fitted the wheel spacers I bought of vr6gordy yesterday. 15mm on the rear look perfect. B5 cups and maybe 10mm at the front and she's sitting perfect for me

Reactions: tony mc
Lot of work recently.

New rear window
Rear window tinted (somehow he hasn't matched it up and the rear is darker now)
New thermostat (temp gauge was on 1/4 for about 2 months)
Xenon headlights and knocked out the amber reflectors and just running them without any as couldn't source any clear ones.

Still need to do LED side/drl lights
Alloys back to silver
front bumper re spray

I get p0171 error every 200 miles or so garage replaced pcv valve for me and diverter valve but still comes back every now and again, after a bit of research it looks like its a vacuum leak but i dont have any loss of power or rough idle so not sure where it could be coming from has anyone else ever experienced this and managed to fix it?