What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I really like them, massively better than the standard halogens. The quality of the build on the units certainly ain't on par with the standard ones and there is no height adjustment but I have never used it in all my life anyway. The fit is just as good as the standard units too so I'm more than pleased.

Any pictures

Attachments

• IMG_-vs6jek.jpg
    IMG_-vs6jek.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 159
Finally found 5min with out rain to fit my dtuk box (brought of member tony mc) not been able to try it fully due to weather and nob farmers where i live covering the roads in mud but car feels a lot smother defo lost the 1st gear heasation and the almost no lag on the turbo this is fitted to my 140 2tdi
a12b6b403f347ca2b13e7f4b1e4230d8.jpg
3881b5c14ccf0c17519028383b565c04.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: tony mc and carlcall
Swapped the air filter and swore at my main beams bulbs for half an hour. I'm going to find a tiny mechanic to do the dips. There's no way I'm getting my hands in there.

Reactions: Toblahoe, Stanningtonglen and James.c
Replaced the 3mm Event ditch-finder tyres the car came with!

Which seems to have cured the loud howling sound and the sketchy handling.

I think I still need an alignment though.

Judging by the alloys, the former keeper parked by using crashing sounds as some kind of sonar.

Reactions: 8h3tdi, DrStrange, Squattro4 and 2 others
Had my new headlights realigned today after discovering they were miles out when I put the car back together last night and took it on a test drive.
Picking up a wet vac tonight to do the car matt and any interior pieces I can remove

Finally sorted cruise control out but now 1 small problem after retro fitting it. ESP light comes on after driving about 30 meters and then obviously doesn't work. If i turn engine off and back on it will be off, so i tried flooring it and the ESP was working fine until of course i drive about 20m further down the road and then the light comes back on and then wont go off by pressing the button only way to get it off is by turning the engine off. Any ideas guys?

Only thing i have done is retrofit cruise control and i had to replace the indicator stalk
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjUzWDUyOQ==/z/JJ8AAOSw0QFXCJb3/$_1.JPG

which is that part pictured as i broke the old one.

And advice would be appreciated thanks.

Finally sorted cruise control out but now 1 small problem after retro fitting it. ESP light comes on after driving about 30 meters and then obviously doesn't work. If i turn engine off and back on it will be off, so i tried flooring it and the ESP was working fine until of course i drive about 20m further down the road and then the light comes back on and then wont go off by pressing the button only way to get it off is by turning the engine off. Any ideas guys?

Only thing i have done is retrofit cruise control and i had to replace the indicator stalk
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjUzWDUyOQ==/z/JJ8AAOSw0QFXCJb3/$_1.JPG

which is that part pictured as i broke the old one.

And advice would be appreciated thanks.

I would get the module read buddy

finally sorted out my head unit farse, having tried an alpine unit and it failed to impress me misserbly and after selling it all last week, managed to track down a rather nice pioneer AVH-X8700BT with a 7" screen on gumtree for a bargain price of £130 never used and still boxed, fitted it today and what a massive improvement , well chuffed with it , sounds brill and has some nice features aswell.
sometimes things just work out in the end, pics coming tomorrow.

Reactions: WozzaAK, Baka and carlcall
not as good as an oem rnse unit but works really well as does BT function and satnav, just need to clean the interior as it covered in finger smudges and grime now.
front screen section is removal for when parked in dodgy areas and can tilt aswell to suit differing viewing angles.
IMG 20161120 113229 2

Reactions: WozzaAK, Tyrer, Baka and 1 other person
Full interior clean for the avant today, all leather cleaned, conditioned and protected. All carpets wet vac'd I'm chuffed to bits it's like a new car. Booking the car in and driving up to Sheffield in 2 weeks for a trip to KMB to have a new balancer shaft and hex fitted.

Reactions: Gazwould
Finally got a pair of xenon headlights, wiring harness, and the DRL button bit. Now its a question of fitting them....Dont suppose anyone who has done them before would want to help me? Dont feel that confident doing it my self. Id pay you for your time. Im located in Hull so if anyone in the area would want to help me let me know thanks.

Pretty sure i have all the tools needed but VCDS

Booking the car in and driving up to Sheffield in 2 weeks for a trip to KMB to have a new balancer shaft and hex fitted.

I had no idea they fitted them, I need to buy a kit from them, how much do they charge to fit Balancer shaft and hex key?

It turned out a company called MB Services close by in Sheffield do the fitting of the kits for them. I booked in and they do the rest, MB have done many many of these and really are the experts. £595 all in for a kit 9 to be fitted. That include's them taking my shaft in exchange and new oil and oil filter.

Reactions: Toblahoe
It turned out a company called MB Services close by in Sheffield do the fitting of the kits for them. I booked in and they do the rest, MB have done many many of these and really are the experts. £595 all in for a kit 9 to be fitted. That include's them taking my shaft in exchange and new oil and oil filter.

That's ace, much cheaper than what my local garages have been quoting, thanks for the info mate.

Well this arrived earlier today and I haven't had chance to put it on yet, but it will be on tomorrow....fingers crossed!

2016 11 23 164832

Now what could it be......? Tony
zippedshutsmiley.gif

Trying to retrofit footwell lights and getting a bit stuck on drivers side, where the hell do i put the light fixture? there doesnt seem to be anywhere to put it.
kdJzXA1.jpg

Ive just put it in the slot where you would put a news paper or something now but i honestly cant see where it would go.

there was this slot in the middle right of this picture
ua2lXpE.jpg

Which i knocked out but it seemed to be too small for the light fixture to fit it.

Anyone know where its supposed to go?

Last edited:
Trying to retrofit footwell lights and getting a bit stuck on drivers side, where the hell do i put the light fixture? there doesnt seem to be anywhere to put it.
kdJzXA1.jpg

Ive just put it in the slot where you would put a news paper or something now but i honestly cant see where it would go.

there was this slot in the middle right of this picture
ua2lXpE.jpg

Which i knocked out but it seemed to be too small for the light fixture to fit it.

Anyone know where its supposed to go?
Bottom right hand side of bottom pic. Oblong hole in black plastic cover

Not today but ive been working on it for 2 weeks. I did;
Electric Foolding Mirrors
Fitted light rain sensor without the rearview Mirror.
Changed the light switch to auto and wired it.
Changed to Xenon lights without an extra
harness.
Parking Sensor and camera (After market)
Android Head Unit (worst idea ever)

Reactions: Dani_B19
first wash of the winter been neglecting it while the weathers been pants
20161126 114004

a few more details ? i got ch/lh button, auto light switch, hi module, auto dimming mirror :D just need a bit more info !
I didnt install the mirror, just the sensor i fitted on the glass, didnt install the ch switch neither but i can help you wire it all up. Tell me what you need. Btw fitting the auto light switch alone will make the lights light up when you turn on the car.

Decided to put a winter jacket on the wagon, gone for an Arctic camo style with Dove Grey and Anthracite over Phantom Black. It's still a work in progress though and not 100%, I'm considering adding a touch of in-your-face/look-at-me colour to it, perhaps some S-Line Red or Volt Yellow, maybe even Electric Blue. Just picked up my roof box earlier too so I'll get wrapping that over the next week, going for an Obnoxious John Olson look. I'll get some better snaps in the daylight

3a211221e7908aa0edc79f5af9e17d92.jpg

6338d5375165ea8aea2774b94750afe7.jpg

d6ea52da4342e2de8876ae6f91fc8eb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

mine looks like that after seagull's do their thing on it, LMAO.

Well after I posted a picture of a cardboard box......it's now time to show you what was in it now that I have it fitted.

2016-11-23%2014.44.50_zpssk2uct68.jpg

Unfortunately it wasn't a direct fit as the flange that goes onto the downpipe was about 20 degrees out, so the bolt holes wouldn't line up.

Basically I had to knock up a rather crude jig so that I could hack the De-DPF up and put it back together so it all lined up.

2016-11-25%2014.18.21_zpsw7rt1kxc.jpg

I was contemplating whether to gut it or not and then went for the straight through pipe after speaking to @tony mc as IMO it would breathe better.

Also if you look at the pipe on the RHS of the DPF you can see how restrictive the original pipework is. As it as it starts off on the turbo flange as 50mm OD and then gets reduced down to 35mm OD. I didn't measure the OD of the new pipe but it looked identical in size to the downpipe.

Now all I can say with this done is that when I thought it flew before.....it was basically dragging it's heals compared to now. It's virtually instant boost, so much smoother now and much nicer to drive. And on the private test track nearby it gets to three figures much quicker than before and just wants to keep going and going.

Reactions: DrStrange, Charlie Farley, tony mc and 2 others
Well there on
20161130 183044

Took best part of three and a half ours but there on
Look at the size compared to my scabby 288 set up
20161130 172044

Reactions: DrStrange, AU11 ALS, WozzaAK and 4 others
I was a little on my way home mate, they were a little smokey when i pulled up at home but i'm putting that down to the crap burning off the pads/discs, time will tell, if they still doing it tomorrow I'll ave to check them again

Reactions: carlcall
looking great tony , proper brakes now then, but, that's no excuse to be going 31mph now.....or 71mph either...nudge nudge ,wink ,wink......enjoy them tony.

Reactions: tony mc