What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

No not done the stat but I guess I'll have to now. Any idea on price of one of these and how easy it is to fit?

Reactions: NioclasO
Hey that's alright! Whats this TPS I keep reading about?

Ok cool, cheers mate.
Just had a bash at replacing one of the number plate bulbs which turned into needing to drill out the screw which turned into the threaded part not coming out which turned into the long black light housing surround needing to be removed WHICH IT DOESNT! NIGHTMARE!

Seeing as the big yellow thing has shown it's face and I'm off work, and the car has been recently polished, all I done today was I washed, chamois'd and AG SGP'd it! I also used tyre shine on my tyres and all black rubber/plastics! Not to forget glass cleaner!

And for today a nice man from the council stuck his stick up my exhaust pipe (ooo err missus) and checked my emissions in a roadside test!

That's only got a single exhaust exit before you rush out and buy it..

Wrapped my door pilars and handles...

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

Reactions: WOLF
Ordered some new suspension from DPM yesterday. Decided on the AP kit with lowered springs £310 delivered which I can't wait to get fitted...

Painted my front grill surrounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: WOLF
Good work, i attempted de-chroming and failed badly! Especially on the sharp corners! Any tips or DIY links?

Tonight I will be fitting my two EGR blanks (think it's actually coded out of my map anyway!) and will attempt to remove the EGR and then refit it with a new seal as it is weeping a bit of oil. On my first attempt I found the three allen bolts a bit of a mare to reach and even budge but we will see this eve.

Picked car up after having pro kit fitted.
This week have managed to change number plate light surround, fix boot release wiring problem, change coolant sensor and stat, fit new brake lines all round and rear drop links - MOT next week!!
Next job is applying this carbon effect wrap to interior and applying transfers to climate control unit, radio and other worn interior buttons.
Pic of as she stands now on pro kit springs...
Photo

Reactions: barkclark
Tonight I will be fitting my two EGR blanks (think it's actually coded out of my map anyway!) and will attempt to remove the EGR and then refit it with a new seal as it is weeping a bit of oil. On my first attempt I found the three allen bolts a bit of a mare to reach and even budge but we will see this eve.

Getting to the lower bolt looks a pain! Let me know please how to do it.

Not that sorry... I'm on about the bolt that is hard to get to coz the egr bolt is in the way.

Ordered some blue tint HID bulbs today then found out that you have to remove the whole unit to put them in.

Happy days! Had a bit of work done on the old beauty today.

Cambelt, tensioner, water pump, thermostat, aux belt, aux belt tensioner, a wee service and brake fluid change for good measure!

Must say, the service at Stafford Audi is second to none, highly rate them after today. I'm a fussy bar-steward but they certainly did well to cater to my OCD so can't fault them at all. Probably called me a few names after I left though :) The bill was pretty reasonable too considering.... they came in much cheaper than the 4 other dealers that I called, hence why I was happy to make the 2 hour round-trip to drop the car off then another 2 to collect!.

Mind you, makes it a bit easier when they give you a nice loaner: :rockwoot:

Hurts a bit when you have to hand it back though, LOL!

Last edited:
Picked up a full set of heater flap motors, drivers door wiring loom and 3 spoke sports steering wheel and airbag!

Oh yeah looks dead easy, bit more time consuming than my van lol

Trying to decide whether to paint my front & rear Audi badges too???? Opinions

They definitely look better black, especially the one on the back. What colour is your audi? Just noticed yours is blue. Black badge on a blue boot will look tidy.