What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Been thinking the same with mine but may hold out another year due to a new kitchen and Disneyland holiday expense this year

Removed the front 2 Arch Liner screws. I needed a tiny short wrench with T20 (not usual T25) screw end as the gap between my 20 inch wheels and the screw was a couple of centimetres.

Seems to have done the job as my tyres were catching going over bumps..even quote slow.

Removed the front 2 Arch Liner screws. I needed a tiny short wrench with T20 (not usual T25) screw end as the gap between my 20 inch wheels and the screw was a couple of centimetres.

Seems to have done the job as my tyres were catching going over bumps..even quote slow.
My screws catch on full lock as well I needed do this

My screws catch on full lock as well I needed do this

You're planning on leaving the B6 so soon. *shedding a tear* lol

Yes, worth doing if it catches at all but not sure how it catches by simply turning the wheel. Are you lowered a lot?

You're planning on leaving the B6 so soon. *shedding a tear* lol

Yes, worth doing if it catches at all but not sure how it catches by simply turning the wheel. Are you lowered a lot?
Doubt I willed rid as I fall in love with it every time I see it haha.yeah front is low mate and catches only on hard lock

Reactions: DrStrange

I tried to do this once, but it couldn't come off, so thought it couldn't be removed...!
The screw came out fine, but that lump it is holding, sat tight.. Did you tap it off or??

I tried to do this once, but it couldn't come off, so thought it couldn't be removed...!
The screw came out fine, but that lump it is holding, sat tight.. Did you tap it off or??

So as I visually saw it, the 2 screws hold the arch 'liners' firmly in place and protrude from the underside of the front arches.

The actual screws come out quite easily but yes, there is also a lump of plastic that is still left behind so to speak. I was thinking of cutting them off as they are similar to the thickness of a standard plastic washer. Ended up leaving them in place as the removal of the screws where all i needed to rid.

Reactions: Wahlstrom
Tried to listen to where the rattling noise is coming from in the exhaust system. I think it's coming from the catalytic . Sounds like something metal/like coins rattling when accelerator pushed down.

Also got code

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06C-909-559-ASN.lbl
Part No SW: 8E0 909 559 H HW: 8E0 909 059
Component: 3.0L V6/5V G 0003
Coding: 0011711
Shop #: WSC 63351 000 00000
VCID: 3A7BD46A76FF94CE9A7-517A

1 Fault Found:
16815 - Warm Up Catalyst; Bank 2
P0431 - 001 - Efficiency Below Threshold - MIL ON
Readiness: 0000 0000
I guess that's the cat, don't know if plan for milltek/BCS is ruined yet

Oh and this arrived a few days ago
549c3d7c017fe15b04d76ef3f30ab629.jpg

S line rear for avant b6, with black decal sticker

Thinking of painting it my self, but I may paint the door blades and skirts first to see how 'good' I can DIY paint
Just had a go at respraying some door blades. Sanded down, then halfords plastic primer, sanded down, paint from halfords (made up while you wait). Then some 2k laquer from eBay.

They look ****. Orange peel like the surface of the moon.

Total cost
£8.99 primer
£15.99 paint
£14.99 two cans of laquer
£4.99 wet and dry sand paper.

Better off taking it to a professional.

Just had a go at respraying some door blades. Sanded down, then halfords plastic primer, sanded down, paint from halfords (made up while you wait). Then some 2k laquer from eBay.

Total cost
£8.99 primer
£15.99 paint

Ahh really? I thought of doing the door blades my self too, thought if I mess it up, shouldn't be too hard to correct haha!! "surface of the moon"

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Total cost
£8.99 primer
£15.99 paint

Painted mine 

Attachments

• IMG-20160206-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20160206-WA0013.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 171
New wheels fitted

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 164
Reactions: DrStrange, Welshquattro and Hasa3
Made up mate now s4 trim and get my twin exhaust out the back

Reactions: Welshquattro
Will keep a eye out for when you get it all fitted, should look great with them wheels.I been looking for new alloys for mine but can't settle on a set yet.lol

I know we're there are some nice advice 19" alloys need one tyre though for £350 mint

Sanded down the lip of the wheels, because I was too lazy when painting them...
Only need to clear coat the barrel it self inside.. And then polish the h*** out of the lip with the recently bought polishing gear..

And reassemble.. And get the tires fitted...

Hopefully before the summer is over

1d551d86ac3eed62a39e62e41842c83e.jpg

403661c797048abc011d66d0c5b8a5ee.jpg
f614bfa3b9a561b7773551badb027b1a.jpg
8f14a9f526ab94c9a61d2028a9872e13.jpg

Thanks.. I'm still getting used to the black inside... But I think it will be fine once on the car...

Reactions: DrStrange
Fitted new wing. Its of ebay. Great paintjob. Great fit. £115 incl postage
DSC 00181
DSC 00231
DSC 00211

Headlight not fixed in properly so sticking out a bit in the picture.

Reactions: Wahlstrom
Final two wheels painted black, and all four clear coated..
Now the lips need polishing...
2af547652f3e9b81cc83676571f1eee5.jpg

89f5be61c1be0ef1aac1122dc6a0f074.jpg

They should be on the car next week...

Was it a hard job??

This was my first ever try at a thing like that. So after watching YouTube and doing some read up i started today at 9 am. Finished at 4Pm incl rain breaks and one trip to Screwfix(needed angled torx as there is one screw between wing and bumper with like 1 inch space between them) It wasn't difficult. Used this video . Its pretty accurate. I had two differences. First was my side skirt(Votex) is fastened also from the bottom. And where it shows to undo deadening foam i have in this space also some sort of a tank that restricted access to wing screws behind. But all sorted new wing is on and i can sleep at night now without rust nightmares.

Reactions: DrStrange, sumo and Wahlstrom
One almost down, three to go:
398bc468b7e829e1cac59db82ea2d5a9.jpg

Tested the buffing pads and compounds... Now I know what to do with the remaining...

Reactions: DrStrange and Jimmy TDI