What have you done to your 8V today?

Right all done

I'm happy with the finish and think it blends in nicely. There are a few imperfections as the can was running out and 'spitting' paint at the end but overall I'm not fussed as it's all dark inside anyway and not visible haha.

Also pulled off the lining before painting, didn't pay too much attention to how much plastic was visible before, so could have / should have pained a bit more of the inside (thought the lining covered more than it did), but again, not fussed as 99% of the time you won't see the inside haha

Fitting of the product seems good, I wouldn't say it is 100% as solid as the grab handles, understandable though since the clip mechanism is a Chinese copy.

8/10 overall to the product and my painting haha. Much better and more useful than the grab handle. Allows for easy switching between normal glasses and sunglasses

Will edit a link into here shortly...

EDIT: eBay item number 262504722320

Let me know what you think!

20160719 203329
20160719 203356
20160719 203406
20160719 203800

Last edited:
Reactions: SevenW, jungle650, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Right all done

I'm happy with the finish and think it blends in nicely. There are a few imperfections as the can was running out and 'spitting' paint at the end but overall I'm not fussed as it's all dark inside anyway and not visible haha.

Also pulled off the lining before painting, didn't pay too much attention to how much plastic was visible before, so could have / should have pained a bit more of the inside (thought the lining covered more than it did), but again, not fussed as 99% of the time you won't see the inside haha

Fitting of the product seems good, I wouldn't say it is 100% as solid as the grab handles, understandable though since the clip mechanism is a Chinese copy.

8/10 overall to the product and my painting haha. Much better and more useful than the grab handle. Allows for easy switching between normal glasses and sunglasses

Will edit a link into here shortly...

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 97358 View attachment 97359 View attachment 97360 View attachment 97361
Not to shabby :)

Do you know the internal dimensions? Also, got a link to where you got it from?

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and azibux1
Not to shabby :)

Do you know the internal dimensions? Also, got a link to where you got it from?
Don't know the dimensions unfortunately

It's eBay item number 262504722320

Reactions: pburv and DJAlix
What's with these cars that nearly everyone wrecks their rims?? Do they understeer that bad?? I thought the whole idea of quattro was incredible handling?
Or are there just bad drivers out there??
(Says the guy whom hasn't driven one yet...)

What's with these cars that nearly everyone wrecks their rims?? Do they understeer that bad?? I thought the whole idea of quattro was incredible handling?
Or are there just bad drivers out there??
(Says the guy whom hasn't driven one yet...)

The understeering is horrendous, the quattro (or haldex) is useless ................and yes, there's a lot of careless drivers out there lol

(mine are spotless 12 months on btw..............then again very few drivers are as good as me :))

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, pburv and 4 others
The understeering is horrendous, the quattro (or haldex) is useless ................and yes, there's a lot of careless drivers out there lol

(mine are spotless 12 months on btw..............then again very few drivers are as good as me :))
lol of course :friendly wink: thats how I feel about me haha. ( I'll be crying if I wreck those rims, hell expensive)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Slid the pano roof right back - 33 degs :sign wow:

Reactions: Jassyo06, azibux1, WarwickL and 3 others
New mod today, I replaced the standard courtesy leds by much more powerful:

Led_cortesia_2.jpg

On the left the new led, right the original

Led_cortesia_3.jpg

Left installed new, right serial leds. If you look good the right area that lights the series led looks . Although the photo is made with mobile and has lost some brightness , I think it differs well how it was and how it looks now.

Led_cortesia_4.jpg

Here already changed all

And the last a comparative photo, I have take this photo to the door a few days to get the car and a picture now with both soffits (courtesy light and warning changed)
Puerta.jpg

Before

Led_cortesia_6.jpg

After

judge for yourself

Reactions: jungle650, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Too much colour.

The red RS ones are also too much colour for the vent - overkill and too garish (reminds me of what Ford are doing with the RS)
In your opinion of course, i prefer the internal fins to those stuck on external rings, the internal red fins are also OEM which I prefer to aftermarket, ETTO though.

What did you use to remove the air bag warning sticker, been wanting to do that for ages but been advised against it as its "welded" to the visor

Excuse me, I dont see your reply.
You only need "heat" :grimacing:

After to remove residual glue I used this product: Würth Graffiti-Ex Special
2441149.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Nytro, Daveotto and 1 other person

Dng dong nothing like ringing ones own bell,old chap.....
Damn good stuff

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, WarwickL and 1 other person
Received my bargain of the century genuine Audi mats with a red bit( pretty hard to get gold of)

These are the ones I paid over £80 a couple of weeks ago but decided they were not for me..
Well at the weekend I picked up a brand new unwanted set off eBay for £10 + £5 postage!! (I was the only one that bid for them!!) I could not believe my luck.. And even more so when they arrived today exactly as I'd hoped!

Funny how I like the look now.

Chuffed !

( sorry if it's anyone on here, but thanks!)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
Reactions: Max-Robbo, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Not so much as what I have done to my Car but what I have done for it.!!.. If u catch my drift.

Decided the driveway was looking well past its best... Jet washed it and re-sanding. By no means finished or perfect but taking shape & looking a whole lot better for it!

Got to love those spinning pattio washers ...far less mess than using a jetwash lance !

Before:

Inbetween:

1st bit almost done !!

Jungle

Reactions: richinsoton, Whitestar, Max-Robbo and 8 others
Not so much as what I have done to my Car but what I have done for it.!!.. If u catch my drift.

Decided the driveway was looking well past its best... Jet washed it and re-sanding. By no means finished or perfect but taking shape & looking a whole lot better for it!

Got to love those spinning pattio washers ...far less mess than using a jetwash lance !

Before:

View attachment 97415

Inbetween:

View attachment 97418

1st bit almost done !!

View attachment 97419

Jungle

That's a awesome driveway detail mate, looks like new....Ching Ching.....Topo work...lol

Reactions: jungle650, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Received my bargain of the century genuine Audi mats with a red bit( pretty hard to get gold of)

These are the ones I paid over £80 a couple of weeks ago but decided they were not for me..
Well at the weekend I picked up a brand new unwanted set off eBay for £10 + £5 postage!! (I was the only one that bid for them!!) I could not believe my luck.. And even more so when they arrived today exactly as I'd hoped!

Chuffed !

Looks awesome Zippy mate - loving the strategically placed red framed sunglasses too !!

Reactions: glospete, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Looks awesome Zippy mate - loving the strategically placed red framed sunglasses too !!

Thanks matey.. Really loving this motor!!

If you only knew me more (you will do!) I have a thing for the colour red!

I bought the new glasses to go with the car yes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Wow those pavers dont even look like the same ones. That's awesome.

Hopefully in 8 hrs I'll be posting that i picked it up!!!!!

Reactions: pburv, jungle650 and Rob2k68
good job on the drive

Before:

View attachment 97415

Inbetween:

View attachment 97418

1st bit almost done !!

View attachment 97419

Jungle

Good job, wanna come round and do mine, been putting it off for the last year, had an excuse while I waited for the new knee but er indoors says if I can spend 4 hours cleaning the car I ****** well better get the drive done!!

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, pburv and 3 others

Chuffed !

You jammy ******.... Great find, ridiculous price!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person

Before:

View attachment 97415

Inbetween:

View attachment 97418

1st bit almost done !!

View attachment 97419

Jungle
That looks amazing mate! We are getting ours done in the autumn - last piece of the jigsaw - and that's exactly what we are going for. Superb!

That looks amazing mate! We are getting ours done in the autumn - last piece of the jigsaw - and that's exactly what we are going for. Superb!

Thx for all the compliments chaps... @Daveotto the wife said the same thing to me which kick started it all. Keep them pleased and life is easy / easier etc....:friends:

Here is a half / half shot I took to see the difference between them. Have done it in stages but v pleased with results for a quickish fix. Not perfect but a whole lot better. Can highly recommend the larger T350 Karscher patio cleaner attachment !

Its one of those jobs which is a pain to do but afterwards you can look back and admire the results...

Jungle

Reactions: richinsoton, Nytro, azibux1 and 4 others
Thx for all the compliments chaps... @Daveotto the wife said the same thing to me which kick started it all. Keep them pleased and life is easy / easier etc....:friends:

Here is a half / half shot I took to see the difference between them. Have done it in stages but v pleased with results for a quickish fix. Not perfect but a whole lot better. Can highly recommend the larger T350 Karscher patio cleaner attachment !

Its one of those jobs which is a pain to do but afterwards you can look back and admire the results...

View attachment 97509

Jungle

It looks brand new mate well done !!

Have you posted it in the detailing section ? - reminds me of those shots where half of the bonnet is taped up and treated for swirls and the other half original ;o)

Reactions: Nytro, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 2 others
It looks brand new mate well done !!

Have you posted it in the detailing section ? - reminds me of those shots where half of the bonnet is taped up and treated for swirls and the other half original ;o)

No maybe I should they would love it, although probably pick holes in, tell me I have done it in the wrong order etc etc. Ha ha

Reactions: Nytro, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Can highly recommend the larger T350 Karscher patio cleaner attachment

Think I might have to invest in one of those, my drive is probably 2-3 times bigger (room for 3 cars, just) than yours and last time it took me best part of the whole day!!!!

Reactions: Nytro, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
I Picked it up !!!:chuncky:
If I hadn't had time to compose myself I'd be " THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!:yahoo: Its so beautiful and powerful and luxurious and prestigious and wicked and beautiful and I'm so happy !!!! And it drives unbelievable:blahblah1: "etc etc. But having composed myself after terrifying my 15yo son and terrorizing the neighbourhood.....I'll say....
"I'm sufficiently pleased"
A preview till better pics come
IMG 0876

And how trick is this!?
IMG 0881

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, azibux1 and 6 others
If I hadn't had time to compose myself I'd be " THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!:yahoo: Its so beautiful and powerful and luxurious and prestigious and wicked and beautiful and I'm so happy !!!! And it drives unbelievable:blahblah1: "etc etc. But having composed myself after terrifying my 15yo son and terrorizing the neighbourhood.....I'll say....
View attachment 97552
And how trick is this!?
View attachment 97551

Yep, the bee's friggin knees....................and you'll love it more every day if yer anything like me!!

......and yeah, my 16 year old son is a chronic back seat driver........me daughter on the other hand loves it.......go figure!! lol

Reactions: Nytro, zippster, pburv and 1 other person
View attachment 97552
And how trick is this!?
View attachment 97551

Very nice mate, congratulations!! Is this a facelift? Apologise for the daft question if it's obvious ha. If so, could you confirm the colour of the interior lighting on the dashboard switches etc and doors etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nytro, zippster, pburv and 1 other person
View attachment 97552
And how trick is this!?
View attachment 97551

Congratulations mate - car looks superb in the best colour too !! ;o)

Reactions: Nytro, zippster, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
Thanks all.:cocksure: I will respond tomorrow. Cryptic I'll load some pics for you. no facelift just tinted windows. I'm trashed as you can imagine. 1am . need sleep. See you all tomorrow :rockwoot:

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 2 others
Very nice mate, congratulations!! Is this a facelift? Apologise for the daft question if it's obvious ha. If so, could you confirm the colour of the interior lighting on the dashboard switches etc and doors etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here ya go mate. Sorry the photos are crappy. I have an old phone. Better ones will come when this little project is finished:racer:

A
B
C
D
E
F

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
What did I do today?? I thrashed it. A little. Put the wheels on. When I get all cosmetics done I'll post pics of finished product in proper forum for all to see.
G
H

Reactions: Fiddie, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06, Nytro and Rob2k68
Very nice ...........................might just be my old eyes but the rims look too big for the tyres?
Yeah they do it deliberately to make it look more aggressive. The tyre is termed to be 'rolled'. My understanding is it that it has its roots in the drifting scene. Maybe not for everyone but I want to make the can look aggressive and I think it looks killa. but each to their own you know. I drive this car how it looks.Mean.

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68