What have you done to your 8V today?

Had my two year service today and had the air con serviced as well, nice trip over to eastbourne, easily averaged 49mpg by the way, and had the new b9 a4 as a courtesy car...

Like the new A4...Sportback/Avant....

Fitted these red footwell LEDs from @t8ups It's like having a raging fire in the car now certainly feels warmer .....

qoLOPv0y

zJ53Twxw

p8wdFhrJ

Reactions: Hei1001, Schizophonic, albu and 5 others
Fitted these red footwell LEDs from trups. It's like having a raging fire in the car now certainly feels warmer .....

qoLOPv0y

zJ53Twxw

p8wdFhrJ

Definitely a winter warmer there Rob!!

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
what have i done to my S3 today?....hmmmmmmm.....I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT FOR A MONTH!!!
car is still at Audi after "the accident" awaiting repairs to even start...been driving an A1 Demo...starting to get a bit cheesed off, oh....and we lost the court case cos I think the driver that hit me paid the policewoman to draw an incorrect graphic on her report form....so now I'm appealing...love the red footwells though btw Rob :bye:

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
what have i done to my S3 today?....hmmmmmmm.....I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT FOR A MONTH!!!
car is still at Audi after "the accident" awaiting repairs to even start...been driving an A1 Demo...starting to get a bit cheesed off, oh....and we lost the court case cos I think the driver that hit me paid the policewoman to draw an incorrect graphic on her report form....so now I'm appealing...love the red footwells though btw Rob :bye:

Hope it gets sorted soon matey - sorry to hear about the court case that sucks !!!!

Reactions: Simon L and PanamaS3
yeah cheers Rob...I'm just drawing up my list of new mods for when I get my baby back...CTS turbo inlet pipe, APR carbon intake pipe, APR intercooler and pipe set...exhaust is waiting for release of APR downpipe when Stage 3 comes out....and after seeing a few more video reviews I'm sorely tempted to go Stage 3 versus upgrading to RS3

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
yeah cheers Rob...I'm just drawing up my list of new mods for when I get my baby back...CTS turbo inlet pipe, APR carbon intake pipe, APR intercooler and pipe set...exhaust is waiting for release of APR downpipe when Stage 3 comes out....and after seeing a few more video reviews I'm sorely tempted to go Stage 3 versus upgrading to RS3

Sorry to hear your accident woes are still ongoing mate. Nice to see you're still popping by though :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and PanamaS3
cheers Si....yes I still visit here to put a smile on my face and catch up on all things Audi...I see Jassy robbed a bank and managed to sell his daughter into the local circus so we should be seeing pics soon of his new whip :nogarors4:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and Rob2k68
cheers Si....yes I still visit here to put a smile on my face and catch up on all things Audi...I see Jassy robbed a bank and managed to sell his daughter into the local circus so we should be seeing pics soon of his new whip :nogarors4:

He's got his eye on a face-lift model so we'll have to wait a wee bit longer I reckon ;)

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Jassyo06

Wow that's quite a list - can't wait to see that little lot come together !! Not much left now on my list just a Revo intake, dash cam and new upper strut mounts and bearings.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Simon L
It may not be the highest mpg ever but I smashed my previous best of 54mpg . Quite proud of myself :)

Small things in life eh!

Reactions: Jassyo06, PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
It may not be the highest mpg ever but I smashed my previous best of 54mpg . Quite proud of myself :)

Small things in life eh!

Good work !! At 54 that's double what I get lol !!

Reactions: Simon L and PanamaS3
Good work !! At 54 that's double what I get lol !!
I think I'd still take the S3 ;) unless you wanted to swap that is. 61mpg must be appealing aha!

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Rob2k68

Hi mate what can l say? hope yer car gers back to you soon,then you can have more fast n furious modding fun.....lol

Reactions: Simon L, PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
Wow that's quite a list - can't wait to see that little lot come together !! Not much left now on my list just a Revo intake, dash cam and new upper strut mounts and bearings.
yeah but unfortunately its nowhere near the list of changes I still want to do just to p*** Jassy off :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Windscreen wash fluid top up ! Will look into new blades too, been getting some heavy use recently !

Reactions: Rob2k68
yeah but unfortunately its nowhere near the list of changes I still want to do just to p*** Jassy off :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Na mate ye cannot **** me off nice peeps never will,it's the selected few on here that nearly have cut cuf lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and T-800
Like the new A4...Sportback/Avant....
Not enough really to buy one over my A3, found myself trying to avoid potholes all the time because they were jarring me. The virtual cockpit and the heads up display was neat though and I'll probably wait for them to arrive on the A3. Beside the dealership offered me a value on my car below what it's meant to valued at in two years time and wouldn't budge on the list price of the A4. So they've lost a deal in the future...

Reactions: Jassyo06
Top banter mate,ye Smoked Si there, truly smoked em lol

He's a class act the cigar man I couldn't cope with his wit this time mate!! I'll be back........ :yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
****** Internet connections messing me posts up in triplicate lol

You had me worried then - thought you'd developed a stammer or turrets or something !

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Fitted this bad boy .....

2jSFURNg

Reactions: Forbzeeee, SJ43, steelfish and 6 others
i wonder if that revo intake tubing would fit onto a larger box such as the vxr600...

i can confirm my APR stage 1 is booked for tuesday after they did a chassis check on it today!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
i wonder if that revo intake tubing would fit onto a larger box such as the vxr600...

i can confirm my APR stage 1 is booked for tuesday after they did a chassis check on it today!

Yes it should do - I had a VXR600 and a red Forge hose which was perfect - just removed a black Forge hose to fit the Revo one - it's on ebay at a silly price.

its wednesday, this means its my mrs first day back at work for the week (she has monday and tuesdays off) so it means she covered another 120 miles! as she refuses to drive the other car, that i bought for her, she insists on driving my fu**ing S3...

What was the other car you bought for your wife to drive ? Just being nosey ! !

I applied some Einszett Gummi Pflege Rubber Care around the rubber seals of the window, not sure if it will do anything as people says it helps with the window rattle, not sure if mine has a window rattle

Reactions: Jassyo06

oh i got her a saxo VTR.
lets all laugh now, but actually, its perfect for what she needs it for.
its cheap, cheap to run, and mechanically sound - id happily drive it to Dubai tomorrow if i had to, yet she complains about 120 miles.

i love the little thing.
I've told her, when she relocates back / local she can have the s3, as i love driving the VTR if I'm honest.
but she's looking to buy a new car in the interim and we're between houses at the moment, we've bought but not exchanged and staying out a house for free for about 10 weeks - our last place was 850 a month! + bills. so she can save up and buy another car if she wants or a deposit. i don't care. but I'm not having 600 miles a week put on the car that i paid for!

Small things in life eh!

Hi Marc did ye take the hand brake off during this journey...lol

Reactions: Simon L
What have I done today? Popped the standard S-Line wheels back on (leaving the 12.5mm spacers on all round as I couldn't be bothered to change bolts) in readiness to take two of my S3 wheels off to be diamond cut to remove kerbing. Can't beat having a new torque wrench to play with.

I'd already visited the place for a quote early on this week for the work and specifically asked a couple of times if it was a VAT inclusive price "Yes" was the answer. Funnily enough I was pretty annoyed when I rocked up to find that it yes actually meant no. Now I've got the annoyance of trying to arrange it elsewhere now. Not impressed at all.

If I can't find somewhere local(ish) to diamond cut, my next option is to just powder coat all 4 in anthracite I think. Dark anthracite finish on Daytona Grey...think that will look OK?

Treated the S3 to a full on Swiss Vax winter detail...

Sepang sure does Pop Ready for the Tunbridge Wells Audi meet tomorrow ☔

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Forbzeeee, Fiddie and 3 others
@sjbarneS3 - Very nice indeedy!
That first pic looks like sprint blue IMO
Sepango sure does change colour in different lighting situations IMHO

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Rob2k68