What have you done to your 8V today?

Picked up my S3 from the dealer and drove it home after dropping off the TTS loan I had for the weekend.....

As good as the TTS is, and it is very good, my S3 still made me go mmmmmmmmmm!

P.s although I like Vegas Yellow on the TTS it attracts far to much attention from absolutely anything on the road.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and FBF01
Got a new Pc monitor and nothing could be better than my S3 as my background picture
 20151019 181027

Reactions: 24styles, slayaz, Daveotto and 2 others
That's the stuff mate, bit of lurve for the old S3................ ;)

Nice Acer, good monitors they are :)
yeah not a bad monitor at all for the money mate,l wanted the 27 incher she didnt she won, 24 incher lol,the only thing l cant fix is ?, it shows this forum in picture format in 4:3.....so l have a 3 inch black bars either side strange not a PC boffin
ALL other sites fill the 16 x 9 screen

Last edited:
Does it show everything in 4:3?

If it does your screen resolution isn't set properly. You need to right click anywhere on the desktop, choose personalise or properties and pick a screen resolution that's a widescreen format. Having said that I would have thought it would be set as standard?

Does it show everything in 4:3?

If it does your screen resolution isn't set properly. You need to right click anywhere on the desktop, choose personalise or properties and pick a screen resolution that's a widescreen format. Having said that I would have thought it would be set as standard?

its just this site thats in 4x3 format, emails are fine 16x9

Fitted Pirelli sottzero winter tyres at the weekend and surprised how much quieter they were on my morning commute. Also noticed that the wheel hubs are rusting in parts - anybody else had this? Has anybody queried this with Audi as less than 3 months old!?

3 hours pre winter TLC ......pressure washed and then wash (Maguiars gold class), polish (Autoglym Polish) and wax (Autoglym high gloss finish), Windows (Autoglym window polish), tyres ( endurance gel) and finished by vacuuming the inside and wiping down internal surfaces and a couple of leather wipes on the seats.

Reactions: 24styles, paulk, Simon L and 7 others
So today I removed my summer wheels and put on the winters along with 15mm spacers all round......

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, 15audis3, Simon L and 2 others
Looks awesome!!! What suspension are you running?

3 hours pre winter TLC ......pressure washed and then wash (Maguiars gold class), polish (Autoglym Polish) and wax (Autoglym high gloss finish), Windows (Autoglym window polish), tyres ( endurance gel) and finished by vacuuming the inside and wiping down internal surfaces and a couple of leather wipes on the seats.

View attachment 71773
View attachment 71774 View attachment 71775 View attachment 71776View attachment 71777

Glad this thread popped up again, how did I miss this?!!

Looks awesome Dave.................can see the effort that's gone into that finish :)

Glad this thread popped up again, how did I miss this?!!

Looks awesome Dave.................can see the effort that's gone into that finish :)

@Simon L thanks, was pleasantly surprised with the results as used a whole bunch of left over stuff. Gonna stock up at Crimbo in preparation for giving it the @jassyo06 treatment in the spring

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
@Simon L thanks, was pleasantly surprised with the results as used a whole bunch of left over stuff. Gonna stock up at Crimbo in preparation for giving it the jazzy treatment in the spring

.....I think we all need the Jassy treatment in Spring ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daveotto
Like that blue mate, think it looks better than the more common one!
latest

You like it because its rare to your eyes...or very dark like your black S3 and Sepang is far too familiar...so it breeds a little contempt...lol correct me if i am wrong Estoril Blue was the old blue colour before Sepang Blue was a standard optional choice..prior to the MY15 Sepang Blue was Exclusive Colour?

the estoril blue looks great in the pics, I don't think tht was available here in OZ, just sepang, which to my eyes looks to "Smurfy", I went with the Daytona Grey Metallic Pearl myself, :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
the estoril blue looks great in the pics, I don't think tht was available here in OZ, just sepang, which to my eyes looks to "Smurfy", I went with the Daytona Grey Metallic Pearl myself, :)

.........a sensible choice if I may be so bold ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Washed her up and went for a canyon run with Audi Club Los Angeles.
2c7bbac776b6e7d04613e0737a32a3a9.jpg

Reactions: Daveotto, DJAlix, Rob2k68 and 5 others
Revo intercooler on finaly

****** Hell..
Do the Quality Street help with the stress of the job

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
.........a sensible choice if I may be so bold ;)

Your boldness in confirming my sensibility is humbly received :)

Based on your specs, it would seem you have an identical car to mine (but mine is a sportback), and I am so far VERY happy with it in all respects, after coming from 10 yrs of owning an alfa 147 GTA Selespeed with a Supersprint exhaust, I can say not much is going to sound as good as my alfa did, but apart from that, the S3 has it's own if slightly more subdued exhaust note character

Reactions: Simon L
Your boldness in confirming my sensibility is humbly received :)

Based on your specs, it would seem you have an identical car to mine (but mine is a sportback), and I am so far VERY happy with it in all respects, after coming from 10 yrs of owning an alfa 147 GTA Selespeed with a Supersprint exhaust, I can say not much is going to sound as good as my alfa did, but apart from that, the S3 has it's own if slightly more subdued exhaust note character

I couldn't agree more.

My only complaint is the leather seats have creased on the side bolsters which is a bit poor after 1500 miles!

Apart from that, superb in every way :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I couldn't agree more.

My only complaint is the leather seats have creased on the side bolsters which is a bit poor after 1500 miles!

Apart from that, superb in every way :)
Lift them buttocks higher no creases on my seats l float on to my seats

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Lift them buttocks higher no creases on my seats l float on to my seats

I assume you eat a lot of curry mate...........................hovering over yer seats on a methane cloud!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Brasso
I assume you eat a lot of curry mate...........................hovering over yer seats on a methane cloud!! lol

Just got a very bad case of car OCD mate
And yeah curry/spicey food is my mainstay of nutrients lol

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68

PMSL !! Be careful on that Lunar Jassy !!!

Anyway 1500 miles ? Don't you boys drive your cars ? ;o)

Anyway 1500 miles ? Don't you boys drive your cars ? ;o)

Yeah yeah, laugh it up Roberto............................who's getting the last laugh come trade in time?!! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
You like it because its rare to your eyes...or very dark like your black S3 and Sepang is far too familiar...so it breeds a little contempt...lol correct me if i am wrong Estoril Blue was the old blue colour before Sepang Blue was a standard optional choice..prior to the MY15 Sepang Blue was Exclusive Colour?
lol I'm just funny with colour, I do like the sepang, red, silver etc. It's just I couldn't own one as I'd notice the shade difference on the bumpers too much and it would do my head in, the darker colours and white is not so noticeable.

I have a paint blemish on my rear bumper and it does my head in each time I see it (I posted pictures on this forum and most people didn't spot it), after i pointed it out to Audi they agreed to a local repair but not a full bumper respray, but the chances are (to me) that the repair would be more noticeable and larger than the blemish as it is...so I've left it alone!

Example, look at the back bumper compared to the rest of the car:
media

media

Most people don't even notice, but as it's my job I can't help it lol

You still get it on white, but not as noticable :)

media

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Jassyo06 and AndyB-S3
lol I'm just funny with colour, I do like the sepang, red, silver etc. It's just I couldn't own one as I'd notice the shade difference on the bumpers too much and it would do my head in, the darker colours and white is not so noticeable.

I have a paint blemish on my rear bumper and it does my head in each time I see it (I posted pictures on this forum and most people didn't spot it), after i pointed it out to Audi they agreed to a local repair but not a full bumper respray, but the chances are (to me) that the repair would be more noticeable and larger than the blemish as it is...so I've left it alone!

media

media

media

errr, your right I didn't notice it......................what are we looking at again?!! lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06 and Martinbanshee
waiting to see the sail boat, have been staring at it now for 15 mins, nothing . . . :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Martinbanshee, Simon L and 1 other person
Are

media

media

media
Are you referring to the part of the rear bumper above the feature line, where the paint changes tone?
Ps really do like the silver S3

The shades will always be off some colours more than others and plastic and metal are different surfaces and caused the paint to sit and reflect differently

Reactions: Daveotto and Rob2k68
.... absolutely, and the primers used for the different substrates are different.

lol if you can't see it I envy you...I'd love to have any colour and not notice the difference. It's like having your first scratch on your new car, once you know it's there your eyes spot if from 100 foot away when nobody else can see it from 2 foot away :D

The shades will always be off some colours more than others and plastic and metal are different surfaces and caused the paint to sit and reflect differently
Exactly, not to mention that most of the time the bumpers are sprayed in another factory or even country and shipped in!