What have you done to your 8V today?

Fitted a set of Bridgestone RE003 Adrenaline....

Amazing wet and dry grip

32a4d7c7c46f42bcab6d51def4453751.jpg

e04e077714fdc20e696f4a3e20d6aa75.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Fiddie
Zaino`ed bodywork and gteched C5 wheels before the rain started:crushed:
Gtech ZAINO2 ZAINO1

Reactions: Simon L
Quick wash and dry and applied window sticker either side:

IMG 2616

Visible but still subtle ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Martinbanshee and Simon L
Over the past weekend:
Cut hole in center armrest organizer to gain access to the ports.
11989175_10100597935958603_504292079_o.jpg

Installed Sunglasses holder.
11973272_10100597610490843_553240886_o.jpg

Subtle paint changed

Reactions: Simon L, sjbarneS3, Ben Daniel Grant and 1 other person
New 19" RSVs fitted. Wrapped in Conti ContactSport 5p's 235/35/19s

Just need her dropping 10/15mm to finish the look :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441360460509157

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441360477634254

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441360496826322

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441360512818882

Reactions: Simon L, pat15312 and Rob2k68
Not all today but over the last few weeks and having done 6k miles thought it was time to make some mods so changed the rubber to Eagle F1 Assy 2's, had some Eibach Sportline springs fitted and then yesterday at the Edition 38 show had a Revo stage 1 map installed. Luckily my build wk6 car had the older ECU encryption so the tune went on no issues.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Plasti-dip'd my chrome window surround. Painted the rings on grill gloss black and plasti-dip'd the centre lower section on front bumper.

Uploadfromtaptalk1441563001328

Plasti-dip'd my chrome window surround. Painted the rings on grill gloss black and plasti-dip'd the centre lower section on front bumper.

View attachment 68027
Did you run in to any issues with the chrome trim section that is behind the side mirrors?

Did you run in to any issues with the chrome trim section that is behind the side mirrors?
Not really fella. I just masked everything off so no real issues. It's not as easy as the how to vids on YouTube would suggest tho. The rubber seals either side make it tricky to peel away the excess.

Not really fella. I just masked everything off so no real issues. It's not as easy as the how to vids on YouTube would suggest tho. The rubber seals either side make it tricky to peel away the excess.
Am gonna be doing mine as soon as I have some free time, but was a little worried about the spraying angle and getting even coverage in that area.

Have worked with "rubber paint loads". Peeling excess "rubber" from rubber can be a pain but if you build up a good thick layer it makes it really easy. Applying tire shine to the area's you want to peel before you spray works well also.

Check out Hyperlex for any future projects. Comes in many more colours, matt, gloss and metallic versions also. True PlastiDip needs a clear gloss or flake applying after to get the same finish. Hyperlex is cheaper also :)

Think that's where I went wrong - not enough thickness. Despite giving it 5 or 6 coats it was still quite thin.

Wish I'd posted before I'd done the job now - some good tips there fella.

Think that's where I went wrong - not enough thickness. Despite giving it 5 or 6 coats it was still quite thin.

Wish I'd posted before I'd done the job now - some good tips there fella.

Well the good thing here is, as long as you clean and dry it first, you can just keep adding to the layers when you have another period of free time. The next layer will melt in to the existing etc etc. and the best tip i ever found:

Got any rough patches, dirt / dust under the paint or tears? Use a blade to remove the "item" or "area" then get some white-spirit, dab your finger in it and rub over the area in question to smooth it out so you cannot feel a "gap", wait for it to dry and then spray over :)

There are one or two very small areas along the edge where the chrome is peeking through, so it's good to know I can simply apply some more on top.

Went from this

To this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
After reading the tyre pressure thread it prompted me to check mine.. Glad I did, 33 on front left and 35 on front right.. oops. :haudrauf: now back to 38 front and 35 rear. Felt a little better driving to work too.. :)

Reactions: Daveotto and Rob2k68
Well the good thing here is, as long as you clean and dry it first, you can just keep adding to the layers when you have another period of free time. The next layer will melt in to the existing etc etc. and the best tip i ever found:

Got any rough patches, dirt / dust under the paint or tears? Use a blade to remove the "item" or "area" then get some white-spirit, dab your finger in it and rub over the area in question to smooth it out so you cannot feel a "gap", wait for it to dry and then spray over :)

I was just about to purchase some plasti-dip but after reading this I shall give hyperlex a go. Thanks for the tips you've posted @DJAlix

Reactions: DJAlix
Picked it back up at the airport where it had been languishing for two weeks. It absolutely filthy. Need to clean it tomorrow.

Washed it for the first time in months.
Also managed to apply a coat of Meguiars gold class clear coat liquid wax.

Took some photos that might end up in the reflections thread in the detailing section.

Took the S3 badge off the back - would have put a picture on but that's the only clean patch on the car now just need to go over that local area with the DA tomorrow.

Used the doughnut holder for the first time. Got home and frosting still intact :wink new:

jag7ih.jpg

Reactions: 24styles, Ben Daniel Grant, pat15312 and 8 others
Are they costco donuts??? Always thought that was to hold a baby down in the boot!

Reactions: Berniemaps
They're Krispy Cremes, were from a mate at work as I'm leaving!

Reactions: Rob2k68