What have you done to your 8V today?

Wondering if the swivel version is worth going for, or if it would protrude too much and lose the stylishness

Adds more functionality yes, but IMO the swivel would absolutely ruin the clean lines. I personally like my phone surface flat.

Reactions: BlueBadger
Don't have a coupon code for the site do you?

Wondering if the swivel version is worth going for, or if it would protrude too much and lose the stylishness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate..no code I just ordered directly from the website..I don't see the point with the swivel because you can see it quite clearly with the flat one and flat looks a lot better. Swivel sticks out a lot!!!

Reactions: BlueBadger
Not today, but yesterday. More to follow soon.... :)

FullSizeRender 7 squashed

Reactions: pburv, TMB, TimWills28 and 5 others
Not today, but yesterday. More to follow soon.... :)

Details of my MTM journey to follow soon...this was yesterday too

Adventure trip along with Djalex
e75e00222347c3d8e338367c89eee8e6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Fiddie, jungle650 and 3 others
Spill the beans you pair LoL !!

Reactions: pburv, jungle650 and AJ Jacob
Car only had 700'ish miles on it when this was done. Never really been above 5k revs also.
I was just thinking of that when I watched the video. I'm just now at 975 miles and that dyno run made me cringe!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Car only had 700'ish miles on it when this was done. Never really been above 5k revs also.

noo.. I'm guessing it was a "map" ... you said you weren't gonna say what you were doing up there

Reactions: Rob2k68
I was just thinking of that when I watched the video. I'm just now at 975 miles and that dyno run made me cringe!
Ha! Was not worried. New car that had only really done city miles up until Friday so I knew it was gonna be full of crap lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and BodegaBay
noo.. I'm guessing it was a "map" ... you said you weren't gonna say what you were doing up there

MTM do the Cantronic tuning boxes so my money's on that.

Reactions: pburv
@Rob2k68 how easy to swap over were they?

Piece of cake mate - just get a small screwdriver or thin plastic trim removal tool under the edge facing you and prise them out. To fit new ones insert the lugs at the rear make sure the harness is out of the way then push in to engage the front clips.

Reactions: pburv and Daveotto
Dropped the car off 20 mins ago for the tints @pburv so another hour or so I will get some pics and get them uploaded for you bud!

Reactions: pburv and BlueBadger
Opticoat+, Xpel film, and another 2 hours fighting with Traffic Sign Recognition in both VCDS and Obdeleven :)
(not activated off the boat in Oz)
c66d54c23b1a246fd8830cce9d036166.jpg

Reactions: vacant, Rob2k68, SevenW and 3 others
@pburv Just got the car back from the guys at Autoworx in Bromley and they have done a lovely job on the car, I didn't go for the fronts just the tears with a 35% tint. Totally transformed the look of the car and worth every penny!
IMG 2421
IMG 2422
IMG 2423

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1 and pburv
Reactions: billy.rt and Rob2k68
Thanks very much Billy
They look spot on.;-)
What was the damage? if you don,t mind me asking
£140 - that's just the rears. It would have been £190 for a full set but I didn't fancy that as it would have only been a film which would allow 70% light transmission so it would be ever so slightly darker than they are now in the front so for the extra £50 I didn't feel it was worth it to be honest...

Reactions: pburv, billy.rt and EmmaJ
Was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ordered one of these!

www.audiphoneholder.com

People getting charged import tax seems hit and miss (speaking to Carl at the company, it seems majority do NOT get charged), thought I'd take the risk as I really want a decent phone holder for long journeys when using Waze for speed cams etc

Ordered one of these!

www.audiphoneholder.com

People getting charged import tax seems hit and miss (speaking to Carl at the company, it seems majority do NOT get charged), thought I'd take the risk as I really want a decent phone holder for long journeys when using Waze for speed cams etc

Which one did you go for ?

Thinking it would be great for displaying real time engine data via Carista/OBD11.

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
Which one did you go for ?

Thinking it would be great for displaying real time engine data via Carista/OBD11.

That would be a very cool use for it!! :D

I have seen (and wanted) the clear plastic one as it is most discreet! But as it isn't on the website anymore I dropped them an email. Long story short it seems the clear ones weren't really strong enough and often getting broken in the post. But he very kindly offered that if I buy an aluminium one, he would throw in a clear one free of charge but he won't be held responsible if it doesn't make it to the UK in one piece (fair enough, I say)

:D

Looking forward to receiving and testing it out

So yeah I went for the 'classic' one, non-swivel (as it is slimmer)

That would be a very cool use for it!! :D

I have seen (and wanted) the clear plastic one as it is most discreet! But as it isn't on the website anymore I dropped them an email. Long story short it seems the clear ones weren't really strong enough and often getting broken in the post. But he very kindly offered that if I buy an aluminium one, he would throw in a clear one free of charge but he won't be held responsible if it doesn't make it to the UK in one piece (fair enough, I say)

:D

Looking forward to receiving and testing it out

So yeah I went for the 'classic' one, non-swivel (as it is slimmer)

Good thinking mate - think I'll do the same.

Quite ironic that the 'Clear Mount' is no longer see through !!!!

Reactions: pburv
Good thinking mate - think I'll do the same.

Quite ironic that the 'Clear Mount' is no longer see through !!!!
Haha yeah exactly! Still very nice of Carl there to offer the free clear one... Hope he doesn't mind me saying here lol

£140 - that's just the rears. It would have been £190 for a full set but I didn't fancy that as it would have only been a film which would allow 70% light transmission so it would be ever so slightly darker than they are now in the front so for the extra £50 I didn't feel it was worth it to be honest...
Cheers mate..That is cheap:yes:
They look good too..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, billy.rt and azibux1
Cheers mate..That is cheap:yes:
They look good too..:friends:
Cheers buddy! And the guys have an impressive portfolio of work which they have done and do a lot of work for Audi and fleets for main dealers which I found strange... either way I'm pleased with the work!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Also after a chat with a very helpful Carl, I've ordered an original too. Added the carbon wrapping and a set of extra plates. Looking forward to trying it out.

Just need the actual car to go with it (still sat in Emden)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Also after a chat with a very helpful Carl, I've ordered an original too. Added the carbon wrapping and a set of extra plates. Looking forward to trying it out.

Just need the actual car to go with it (still sat in Emden)

Ha nice one!

Have some leftover carbon wrap lying around here from another project so I might give it a go myself if the magnet comes off easily (think it is screwed on)

What you guys thinking of carbon wrapping?