What have you done to your 8V today?

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daveotto, S3 Turbo and 3 others
These came , was extremely lazy and went with the credit card trick to remove the old ones. Snapped one clip on the existing chrome covers, oops! Did it on my lunch break. Must learn to not be like a kid at Christmas with new car things!!
Love these - where did you get them. Are they OEM?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Love these - where did you get them. Are they OEM?
Not OEM but they look good to me, given them a polish and they are now on the car, no complaints for the price.

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3 Turbo, pburv and 1 other person
What have you done!

Wake up mate yer having one of them strange dreams again..........!!

Revo TCU S-Tronic gearbox map. SO much better now that the engine and gearbox are talking the same language. Not done many miles yet but the car is transformed much better timed and smoother gear changes. Clutch plate clamping force increased to deal with the increased engine torque and no more kick down in M mode.

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3 Turbo, Scottyg and 2 others
These came , was extremely lazy and went with the credit card trick to remove the old ones. Snapped one clip on the existing chrome covers, oops! Did it on my lunch break. Must learn to not be like a kid at Christmas with new car things!!

Nice mate :friends:

Did you get the TMD on last weekend ?

Reactions: pburv
Revo TCU S-Tronic gearbox map. SO much better now that the engine and gearbox are talking the same language. Not done many miles yet but the car is transformed much better timed and smoother gear changes. Clutch plate clamping force increased to deal with the increased engine torque and no more kick down in M mode.

You own the streets in that ride blad...................:racer:

Reactions: Jassyo06, MattSedg, S3 Turbo and 3 others
You definitely are the tinker man @Rob2k68 :friends:

LoL I can't help it mate just naturally inquisitive can't stop being an Engineer.

Car just keeps getting better and better :racer:

Reactions: batch, Jassyo06, S3 Turbo and 3 others
LoL I can't help it mate just naturally inquisitive can't stop being an Engineer.

Car just keeps getting better and better :racer:
When are you getting some dyno runs Rob?
Would love to know what Your cars running at...And of course a vid would be great also....I'm not asking much....lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3 Turbo, Simon L and 2 others
Nice mate :friends:

Did you get the TMD on last weekend ?
Failed at it! Got everything off but couldn't reach one of the fixings, I've invested in some new tools this week so will try and give it another go on Sunday if I get a chance. Wife has plans for me to decorate this weekend :( car needs a ****** good clean as well.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
When are you getting some dyno runs Rob?
Would love to know what Your cars running at...And of course a vid would be great also....I'm not asking much....lol:whistle2:

I'm on it mate but limited as need 4WD dynos but will speak to VRS in Northampton in the morning.

Was toying with going full Milltek next but they're out of stock of back boxes ;o(

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
At Laguna Seca today racing!! Hell of a time!

f4777cef3137ec009bf056c6322af584.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: richinsoton, pburv, Rob2k68 and 6 others
I'm on it mate but limited as need 4WD dynos but will speak to VRS in Northampton in the morning.

Was toying with going full Milltek next but they're out of stock of back boxes ;o(
At this rate mate you are going to be the 8v's version of S3Alex...lol

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68

Milltek have shot their prices up, this time last year you'd get a full system and decat for 1200, now I'm finding them for more like 1900 and more.

Now that I've taken the S3 back off the wife, I'm eager to get some toys!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Installed the Redstuff front pads, 22k miles and original pads were about 1/3rd worn (don't worry spanner removed) ....

IMG 1214

Reactions: lenny151, RO65ERS, MKC and 6 others
Milltek have shot their prices up, this time last year you'd get a full system and decat for 1200, now I'm finding them for more like 1900 and more.

Now that I've taken the S3 back off the wife, I'm eager to get some toys!

That sucks ! Been quoted 1550 for resonated, valved with polished oval tips. Downpipe is separate to this and already on but may also need a new link pipe which is constant 3" bore.(Sportback)

Had a go in a Golf R with same spec and was just what I'm looking for very OEM sounding but just that bit more when you press the happy pedal.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Well Jell !! Any pics of it round the track ?
Here is my fastest lap 1.56 at Laguna Seca

Car did better than expected however session 5 the car wasn't acting right and multiple misfires, got really humid too. Brakes are shot and are being replaced with stoptechs bbk and fluid.

Anyone have fluid recommendations? Looking forward to the next race!

Reactions: pburv, Fiddie and Rob2k68
Here is my fastest lap 1.56 at Laguna Seca

Car did better than expected however session 5 the car wasn't acting right and multiple misfires, got really humid too. Brakes are shot and are being replaced with stoptechs bbk and fluid.

Anyone have fluid recommendations? Looking forward to the next race!

That's awesome - and you got the Mini - well done !!!

Fluid wise I'm using Castrol React Performance dot 4.

Reactions: pburv and rcnacura
That's awesome - and you got the Mini - well done !!!

Fluid wise I'm using Castrol React Performance dot 4.
You'll notice the first time he points for me to pass him, I start but then I back off, at that point the car misfires and I'm reduced to 4K RPM. Turn off and on the car and continue, then pass him on the straight.

The last session, I went from 2nd place to 6th because of the continued misfires. A S4 wasn't ankle to pass me up which I thought was interesting too. Was able to pass S4, WRX STI, few Coopers S, Integra and FRS.

Brakes, Rotors, Tires, and how I was able to fit the Ties in the back seat to go back home.

c2a4dd5201242736c93ccabfc2d93b14.jpg

afb640589897ce59a6bbcab72ce7a85f.jpg

029a7ae687ea2f3c8a8ff9a69d0f9639.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Fiddie, Scottyg and 1 other person
You'll notice the first time he points for me to pass him, I start but then I back off, at that point the car misfires and I'm reduced to 4K RPM. Turn off and on the car and continue, then pass him on the straight.

The last session, I went from 2nd place to 6th because of the continued misfires. A S4 wasn't ankle to pass me up which I thought was interesting too. Was able to pass S4, WRX STI, few Coopers S, Integra and FRS.

Brakes, Rotors, Tires, and how I was able to fit the Ties in the back seat to go back home.

c2a4dd5201242736c93ccabfc2d93b14.jpg

afb640589897ce59a6bbcab72ce7a85f.jpg

029a7ae687ea2f3c8a8ff9a69d0f9639.jpg

LoL don't think brake pads are supposed to be that colour !!

Looks like a great day out mate hope you sort the misfire out without too much trouble.

Reactions: rcnacura, pburv and Simon L
Not as glaring in person...need to learn how to use exposure setting better on iPhone

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
Where did you get them @TimWills28 ....Can feel a mod coming on...6500 kelvins is a good compromise

Got them from @t8ups on here! He's the go to guy for anything light based... got his own website to contact him... emtuning.com or uk I think

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Hi all, new to the forum.

Had my S3 revo remapped today running stage 1.

New carbon air intake and turbo muffler delete arrives Tuesday.

A very happy boy today with the increase, couldn't recommend more

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Daytonapig
Installed my new 6500k D3S bulbs...
Thanks to @t8ups for the bulbs!
Not my best video, but hopefully made it clear enough

Reactions: t8ups, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
FItted these, just a front pair - really like them so far!

IMG 3106

Reactions: Brasso, pburv, azibux1 and 3 others