What have computer games done to me?

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
OK, my 8th PS3 controller in 24 months met it's maker today.

Normal drill, COD MW2 multiplayer. I told the controller to stab this dude, it decided to ignore me.

Therefore it had to die. So I stamped on it. Twice. Hard.

ps3.jpg

A testament to the fact these things are solid - it's in several bits, and the ****** light is still on and it works to a degree....

Go Sony.

Haha, thought I was doing bad with 3, not 8!!!

It's costing me a ****** fortune! I smashed a picture with the last one as well, launching it at the wall. The missus doesn't find it funny.

HAHAHA Good job mate! I get worked up with mine sometimes too, never stamped on it though! Not yet...:idea:

lol I have bite marks in my xbox controller :whistle2:

LOL... you are a funny guy dude!!!

You tried anger management lol it may be cheaper! or maybe find a better way to work the frustrations off lol

Not broke any controllers yet but have sworn profusely at the screen and thrown my 360 controller at the sofa in disgust numerous time. Also hitting the off button on the console hard enough to push it off its shelf is another favorite venting motion, lol

ha!! Someone does get angry don't they! 8 controllers, i'd be proud not ashamed. It means you'll have spent more on controllers than the console, hehe.

Were you close to a 25 kill streak or something?

unreal welly! there was me thinking i had behavioural issues and needed anger management, Cod MW2 is the most frustrating fecking game!! ive done this several times, one being last night when i got spawn killed right before 11 kill streak!! :banghead:

Were you close to a 25 kill streak or something?

Nope, just your average game - it just ****** me off when someone 'stabbed me up blud'!

I wouldn't mind normally, but it was unfair as I had already pressed the right analogue stick.

So I assumed it must be broken, and therefore needed breaking more.

And then had a fit of rage. I smashed a telly with a previous controller.... and then claimed on the insurance for it! lol.

Sarah, you're right, anger management a must. I'm quite a chilled out guy normally and take most things on the chin - but that game brings out the worst in me.

...I'm quite a chilled out guy normally and take most things on the chin - but that game brings out the worst in me.

Time to move onto Battlefield Bad Company 2 then, haha!

And love how you assumed it was broken, so just broke it some more :)

Here is a personal favourite of mine.... Someone else's feeling about MW2.

Who is looking forward to Black Ops in November? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind anger management courses, i think you guys should invest in a punch bag, works for me anyway lol

The only game that has ever wound me up to that extent is Street Fighter 2.
When I was at college we used to have a Street Fighter arcade machine in the common room. I was the king, no one could beat me.
Until one day I was down to my last 20p, stuck it in the machine thinking I'd be on it all day beating all challengers.
First up was some geek boy. He jumped on the machine and spent the entire game pulling the controller and hitting the buttons wildly, and very randomly. No skills whatsoever!
This confused the hell out of me and I lost the ability to pull off any dragon punches whilst he was luckily hitting me with flying kicks.

Anyway, I lost. And pure raging anger caused me to punch the glass that sits infront of the computer screen. It smashed and my hand bled. A lot.
Today, more than 10 years later, I've still got the scar on my hand.

I had no more money, and a whole afternoon of standing in the common room watching other people play the game that I was addicted too.

That was a really dark time for me. :(

When I was at college we used to have a Street Fighter arcade machine in the common room. I was the king, no one could beat me.
Until one day I was down to my last 20p, stuck it in the machine thinking I'd be on it all day beating all challengers.
First up was some geek boy. He jumped on the machine and spent the entire game pulling the controller and hitting the buttons wildly, and very randomly. No skills whatsoever!
This confused the hell out of me and I lost the ability to pull off any dragon punches whilst he was luckily hitting me with flying kicks.

Anyway, I lost. And pure raging anger caused me to punch the glass that sits infront of the computer screen. It smashed and my hand bled. A lot.

I had no more money, and a whole afternoon of standing in the common room watching other people play the game that I was addicted too.

Dude, I feel your pain. I would of had to go home. End of.

Dude, I feel your pain. I would of had to go home. End of.

Welly... That video you posted (if real, which it looks like it is) is absolutely bonkers!!! Funny, unbelievable, mental, even scary in a way. The lot!
That kid has some SEEERRRRIIOOOUUUSSSS issues!

He's the sort that will buy a machine gun off the net and put holes in all the people who live in his town, just because he got killed in the game.
Seriously, he would.

this threads hilarious... were all geeks for gettin so wound up over a computer game!!

this threads hilarious... were all geeks for gettin so wound up over a computer game!!

It is truly infuriating though! The amount of abuse I give some people is untrue.

I also hate campers.... lol. They get much abuse.

i hate them too!!! sometimes when i see a camper or one kills me i run go after him non stop the whole game regardless of my K/D score... im not amazing at the game tbh i dont have enough time to be, my bros on the other hand are phenominal... nukes on a reg!! id like to beat them up for being so good soemtimes!!

i also hate hate hate people who danger close, noob tube & one man army!!

The dude in that video is going to struggle in life isn't he! 17 hours too! Chuff me, i get bored after about 3hrs max. And i've never felt the need to make a milky youtube video after i've died either.

And as for getting mad, I used to get so mad with games, sports etc but one day just decided to laugh and ever since I have never got annoyed (other than calling people gay when they camp). Makes it much more fun...you should all try it, although i think Sony and MS would disagree with me, they're making a killing out of peripherals, lol.

i also hate hate hate people who danger close, noob tube & one man army!!

One man army has it's place. It's just not on Team Deathmatch. It makes you a lethal adversary in games like Search and Destroy on big maps.

The dude in that video is going to struggle in life isn't he! 17 hours too! Chuff me, i get bored after about 3hrs max. And i've never felt the need to make a milky youtube video after i've died either.

And as for getting mad, I used to get so mad with games, sports etc but one day just decided to laugh and ever since I have never got annoyed (other than calling people gay when they camp). Makes it much more fun...you should all try it, although i think Sony and MS would disagree with me, they're making a killing out of peripherals, lol.

I tried that - I can't help it. I see red and then the anger takes over. One day I will actually turn green and go out smashing stuff I swear.... lol.

my bro does this.. anyone who fecks his score up he just messages them callin em ****.. offers them 1v1 and absolutely messes them up! haha! if only i was goo enough to get that *****!!

u guys play on PS3? or Xbox?

I know the feeling mate, I was number1 at my college back in the day, and I never gave my opponents 3 rounds. I got so *****, this guy wanted it out with me 'outside' lol, I got him suspended though the ****.

Now I have the urge to kick your ***! HA-DO-KEN!

Xbox360 for me.

Hadnt played it for a while and got round to prestiging the other day, was getting slaughtered by all the noobs running round with noob tubes, does my head in!!!

My new turtle beach headset and controller got thrown around some before I turned it off in disgust, luckily the missus was a work for another hr or so, so had lightened up a bit by then. lol :aggressive::aggressive:

I am! :yes:

yeh cant wait for black ops... made by same makers as "world at war" which i didnt like for "era"(prefer modern warfare) but the maps and gameplay were much better than MW2!!

PS3 for me!!

Here is a personal favourite of mine.... Someone else's feeling about MW2.

HAHAHA, thats honestly the funniest thing i have seen in quite some time

The problem i have is i end up arguing with the missis if i have a bad game on COD, i would advise people to start playing bad company as its much less stressful aswell.:sadlike:

So, the question is who is getting this:-:eyebrows:

350907ps_500h.jpg

BlackOps360Splash.jpg

yeh cant wait for black ops... made by same makers as "world at war" which i didnt like for "era"(prefer modern warfare) but the maps and gameplay were much better than MW2!!

PS3 for me!!

Yeah, Black Ops is being made by Treyarch as opposed to Inifinty Ward. I like World AT War to be fair, but I prefer using modern guns.

Here is a youtube vid of the new Black Ops multiplayer gameplay I found. It looks, quite simply, AMAZING!!!!!

Watch in 720P HD.

Yeah, Black Ops is being made by Treyarch as opposed to Inifinty Ward. I like World AT War to be fair, but I prefer using modern guns.

Here is a youtube vid of the new Black Ops multiplayer gameplay I found. It looks, quite simply, AMAZING!!!!!

Watch in 720P HD.

Some of the guys from infinity ward have also been involved in the making of the game!

Now I have the urge to kick your ***! HA-DO-KEN!

:lmfao:

Seriously mate, I would hurt you really really bad on street fighter 2.
I'm talking hurricane kick, followed by a medium sweep and a sliding back fire ball combo.
Then while you're dazed you'd get an uppercut and a two connection dragon punch combo for afters. Round over.

"YOU WIN. PERFECT."

Cheers.

:lmfao:

Seriously mate, I would hurt you really really bad on street fighter 2.
I'm talking hurricane kick, followed by a medium sweep and a sliding back fire ball combo.
Then while you're dazed you'd get an uppercut and a two connection dragon punch combo for afters. Round over.

"YOU WIN. PERFECT."

Cheers.

:aggressive:

Part of your problem there welly is you have a ps3!!
nah just kidding! on the xbox its just as bad. I to feel like smashing my up controller as well! I even watch the kill cam and I never even get a shot on the basterds even though I have the sights aimed on them way before they get me! never got to the stage where I would film my self punching the wall tho!

That black ops with the rc bomb looks amazing! looking forward to that, bit like the predetor missile