1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What glue to use on interior?

BENdage May 23, 2006

1. BENdage

BENdage New Member

Hi there. A few weeks ago my girlfriend accidentally put her elbow through the passenger side air vent on my 1.8T sport and snapped one of the slats off. I still have all the bits that broke off and would like to know if anyone knows what glue I should use to try to reattach it. I was thinking super glue, but then I though that it might melt a lot of the plastic. Any suggestions?

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Buy a new one, or get one from a scrapyard, glue or melting plastic is gonna look bodge job mate.

3. BENdage

BENdage New Member

I was thinking that replacing it might be the better route, but I dont really know how to do it. Will I need to remove the entire dash section to get at the vent? I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, but I'm not afraid to get my hand dirty so long as I have a good idea what is involved.

4. mazzy

mazzy Member

you sure it wasnt a foot or heel... the front seats are pretty comfy! You can do all sorts in them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Contact vagparts.com, they're really friendly and seem to be able to get any part, however small.

I got a new back seat pull from them - the plastic loop thing under the seats.

6. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

you should maybe get a volvo estate or something else with plenty of room in the back

7. BENdage

BENdage New Member

lol, its ok, I keep a camping bed in the boot at all times now in case of emergencies

8. benk

benk Member

a "camping" bed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

9. neil.c

neil.c Senior

You could try it with her bent over the bonnet, that saves the interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    am I on the right forum?

10. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You could try it with her bent over the bonnet, that saves the interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    am I on the right forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but u might wanna remove yr swirl marks now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. neil.c

neil.c Senior

Do not use swissol wax beforehand tho' as she will slide right off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. BENdage

BENdage New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Contact vagparts.com, they're really friendly and seem to be able to get any part, however small.

I got a new back seat pull from them - the plastic loop thing under the seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for recommending them. I have a new vent on the way. Does anyone know what I will have to do to fit it?