What gearbox will fit S4 B5

adidasandy

Reaction score
Ok I have 1st to 2nd issues with my box, I know it's 1st gear hub but do I want to spend money on this box = not if I can get a newer one that's stronger.
Will B6 / B7 boxes fit? will a 4.2 fit and if so would the ratio's be similar to the one I have now?

Andy

b6/7 box is different. It can be made to fit with some effort, but its not a bolt in job by any means.

B5 S4 and RS4, and some A6/Allroad boxes are the only bolt in ones.

Thanks bud, nice to know. Will get the hang of these Audi's soon.

Its probably going to be cheaper just to buy them from Audi, especially if you blag a bit of discount at the dealer. JHM kits arent anything special, they're just standard Audi parts, and you'll be paying thru the nose to have them shipped over from the states when you can collect from your local dealer.

The discount on the rebuild parts from audi is at the lowest amount, if you are lucky enough to get it.

I am trying to get JHM to lower their price or at least ship it over for less so that it works out a better deal for those who want the kit. Once i have the figures i will then be able to compare with the audi price and see what works out to be the most cost effective. That said audi still have not got back to me with a price from a few weeks ago. A gentle reminder might be needed.

Andy i know a guy who might still have an s4 box thats just had the new gears fitted. I can check for you if you like?