WHAT FUEL SHOULD I RUN MY S3 ON???

Harveysmith

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought my first S3 and was wondering what fuel I should run it on and how often to use redex?

If you look at the inside of the filler cap door it will tell you 98 Ron then 95 Ron. The car has to be able to run on 95 as not all markets have 98+. Power will be down though on 95.
Mine drinks v power nitro.

Truthfully, mine runs on 98 - usually V Power, around 70% of the time.

Equally truthfully, I don't notice the difference the other 30% of the time.

In fact if I'm being honest, if I'm doing a long motorway run, what's the point? It's not like I'm going to notice any difference...

P

Tesco 99 or V-Power, it's a high performance engine and importantly higher octane fuel reduces the chances of detonation, not only does your S3 run better on 99 but it's also much safer for it if you drive hard.

The fuel companies must love us.

We are SO indoctrinated.

I wonder though, really, what the actual difference is - forgetting the double nectar points...:yes:

It would be nice to have a proper scientific appraisal.

P

1 smells a bit more petrolly than the other?

How scientific is that? ... As long as my car moves then i'm happy :)

Reactions: voorhees
There's plenty of detailed rolling road fuel comparisons around, have a search on Google :)

The fuel companies must love us.

We are SO indoctrinated.

I wonder though, really, what the actual difference is - forgetting the double nectar points...:yes:

It would be nice to have a proper scientific appraisal.

P

Well the v-power has 99 octanes per *an amount* where the normal has 95

Thats all i know :p very informative aha

I Always use momentum or shell v power👍👍 the odd time I haven't I can defo tell the difference!

Yeah use v power mate basically the higher the obtain rating the more the car can control the ignition as it's less likely to detonate under compression the more control you have if when it combusts means you can get more power also thinks like v power into have chemicals in to clean injection systems ect

V Power Nitro or Tesco Momentum 99 (Great for clubcard points :icon_thumright: lol)