1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what etka

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by simon.m, Jun 3, 2010.

1. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    hi guys i know some of you have etka and im looking to buy it today just not sure the one i should get
    any info would be good

thanks
    simon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2010]
    I bought one of THESE - works great, although it seems to have doubled in price since I got it ....
  4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    i was looking at that one james so how does it work am i right in thinking i put my reg in and then say go to engine and say rad it will be the right
    part number for mine ?
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2010]
    I believe you can do that yes, tbh I'm a novice with it. All I ever do is select the car model and age, and then do a search in the 'description' for the part I'm looking for. It's quite user friendly.
  6. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    im hoping that it does that would make it much easyer to get my car part numbers ie for aircon compresser i stuff
  7. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Jun 4, 2010]
    With the version QuattroJames has, (similar to mine I think from previous screen shots), you can enter the VIN and this will take you to an A4/B6 page where you still must specify the "engine Code", "Sales Model" and "Transmission type" for your particular car. The VIN is remebered but you still must select these other 3 codes each time you run the programme.

I do what QuattroJames does - i.e. select the model manually - been using this and previous versions for a few years now - you get to know where things are and what is what - there are notes and descriptions dotted about in the parts listings.