1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what etka

simon.m Jun 3, 2010

1. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

hi guys i know some of you have etka and im looking to buy it today just not sure the one i should get
    any info would be good

thanks
    simon

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I bought one of THESE - works great, although it seems to have doubled in price since I got it ....

3. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

i was looking at that one james so how does it work am i right in thinking i put my reg in and then say go to engine and say rad it will be the right
    part number for mine ?

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I believe you can do that yes, tbh I'm a novice with it. All I ever do is select the car model and age, and then do a search in the 'description' for the part I'm looking for. It's quite user friendly.

5. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

im hoping that it does that would make it much easyer to get my car part numbers ie for aircon compresser i stuff

6. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

With the version QuattroJames has, (similar to mine I think from previous screen shots), you can enter the VIN and this will take you to an A4/B6 page where you still must specify the "engine Code", "Sales Model" and "Transmission type" for your particular car. The VIN is remebered but you still must select these other 3 codes each time you run the programme.

I do what QuattroJames does - i.e. select the model manually - been using this and previous versions for a few years now - you get to know where things are and what is what - there are notes and descriptions dotted about in the parts listings.