what ET do i nees for b5 s4 setup ?

dale86

Reaction score
As mentiones in title what et do I need foe b5 s4 callipers I currently have et45 wheels.

At a guess, I'd say the b5 S4 calipers are probably the same size as the calipers used on b6's with 312mm discs, or at least they should be there abouts that sort of size, so I reckon your wheels at ET45 should be ok to clear them, if not, at worse i reckon you'd need a 5mm spacer to make your wheels ET40.

Ok thanks for the reply another quick question if anyone can help is whast a decent strech on a 19" 8j rim as I will need to do this or my tyre will not clear the arch lol. Also its a quattro so if i strech up front how can i keep rolling radius the same as rear.

Best thing to do with a Quattro is keep all tyres the same size, different size widths or profiles will upset the 4 wheel drive system, as does different tread depths, I think the tolerance on tread depths between front and rear or n/s to o/s is 4mm iirc.

As for a stretch on an 8" rim you haven't got a great deal of choice, off the top of my head the narrowest tyre in a 19" is 215, so your probably looking at a 215/35/19 tyre, but I'm not sure if that'll give you a great deal of stretch. You can get more of a stretch depending on the brand of tyre, for instance Accelera and Hankook and some Falken from memory have a rounder side wall than a lot of other tyre manufactures so that will help with clearance.

A really good site to check out to give you ideas of how much stretch on what size wheel and what tyre brands give good stretch is Tyrestretch.com