What engine does the Audi A5 3.0 TDI have?

YSN

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask which engine the Audi A5 3.0 TDI has?

I think this is the first ever diesel car I've heard which sounds too many awesome's.

Does the Audi A4 and A6 3.0 TDI have the same engine as the A5?

Here is a link of the A5 sound:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know the code for the nice sounding one?

I think the basics are shared across all of those motors even if the engine code varies slightly. I know there are some de-tuned variants and the 2.7TDi but, I assume, they would all sound fairly similar with the after market exhaust.

Does make it sound susprisingly tasty!

The 2.7 or 3.0 will sound like that if you get rid of the dpf/cat and put the right exhaust on. That supersprint one basically has no silencers at all so that car has a straight through exhaust front to back.
The Milltek system has some small amount of silencing so is not quite as loud as that one.
The engine code on that a5 is likely to be CAPA or CCWA. Mine is a CAPA 3.0 .
My car with the DPF/ cat on and the downpipe connected from the silencer. click the picture to play video,

Without the DPF /cat with the downpipe disconnected, completely different sound. The DPF does a really food job of killing the exhaust note.

Karl.

Reactions: YSN
Wow, the second video you showed has a totally different sound to the first one. It's such a shame the DPF kills the exhaust note so much I was just curious about the engine as it does have a resemblance to the Nissan r35 gtr.