What easy or not easy things can you do a 2003/4 A3 to bring it up to date inside?

Kieronboz

Reaction score
Talking strictly interior here, I have seen about changing to double din and throwing in a sat nav, tossing in an arm rest, maybe adding all the floor lights and stuff like that, but what else can be done and who has done it? Pictures welcome!

Gonna be getting myself an A3 of this age very soon, after having posted an advice thread up a while back. Just doing all the research I can!

If you just have the basic single courtesy lamp, putting in the full function overhead console with the reading lamps and the mood lighting for the gear lever area is a simple swap, and you can pick the bits up quite easily on eBay. I think I started a thread somewhere asking about this and how it is done.

If you just have the basic single courtesy lamp, putting in the full function overhead console with the reading lamps and the mood lighting for the gear lever area is a simple swap, and you can pick the bits up quite easily on eBay. I think I started a thread somewhere asking about this and how it is done.

Just dug that up, seems like a nice upgrade, where does the light for the gear area originate from?

Interior LED lights from T8ups are the first mod that everybody should do to the interior. Make a massive difference!

Interior LED lights from T8ups are the first mod that everybody should do to the interior. Make a massive difference!

You got some pictures or a link I can look at some of this stuff? I do like some LED's

Just dug that up, seems like a nice upgrade, where does the light for the gear area originate from?

The overhead console has two little red LEDs just behind the rear view mirror that shine down onto the ashtray/gear lever panel. Make sure you get the right colour of panel though for your interior, S-Lines are all charcoal grey, the rest are light grey.

Reactions: Kieronboz
You got some pictures or a link I can look at some of this stuff? I do like some LED's

Photos don't do them justice as they're brighter in real life but stolen from Jameze in another thread....

I got in touch with t8ups after seeing this thread and ordered LED's for the glovebox, boot, sun visors, and front & rear domes.

First of all, top bloke; very helpful. The lights arrived incredibly fast too (ordered them in the morning, he posted them that day and I received them the following day!)

The LED's have transformed the interior of the car. Gutted I don't have the interior light pack so I could take full advantage :(

The whole interior glows bright white, but not bright enough to be a distraction every time you open the door.

aDSab.jpg

WgADD.jpg

wPRDI.jpg

Glovebox...

wjOFS.jpg

Boot...

RlvtV.jpg

My boot is now like the briefcase scene in Pulp Fiction, my whole face glows when I open it at night! I'll never struggle to find anything in there again, I love it.

Ths7R.jpg

Highly recommended cheap and easy mod :)

Photos don't do them justice as they're brighter in real life but stolen from Jameze in another thread....

Awesome they do look great, ill definitely put those on the list haha! (also I have just sorted some stuff, i might be going to get my A3 in a matter of minutes! :p)