1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does the mph sign mean

danotto Jul 10, 2007

1. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

on my s3 when i press the clock reset button on the dash which also goes through all of the systems for faults abs,the lights etc,two symbols pop up with on (mph)1 and (mph)2 if i pull the button out while this is showing when i drive the mph light flashes up on the dash, what is this and what does it do,cheers

2. recomdos

recomdos Active Member

You can set a speed 'limit' at two varying speeds (say 30 and 60mph respectively). Whilst driving when you hit these speeds it will beep. I guess it's handy for areas with high surveillance of speed cameras - and saves you taking your eye off the road, but they can very annoying otherwise.

3. Blunteh

Blunteh Member

I have mine set to alert "No on the spot for you Son.. you're going to court" speed.

4. Bellic

Bellic Member

it stands fo miles per hour :p

5. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

thats funny i always thought it standed for my purple helmet,lol:puke2:

6. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

While were on the subject, anyone know how you set the mph1 warning, I know the mph2 one is really easy but never bothered to figure out the first one?

7. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

same here......

mine gives a beep at the magic 3 figures..... just to warn your getting into dangerous territory

8. nickelvery

nickelvery RS4 B5 380bhp

Check your manual it's all in there.

I set mine to 70mph, it was set to 120 but that was just a little silly!!!

9. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

on the subject of manuals,does anyone know where i can get one,i lost mine,and ebay hasnt got any,cheers