1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does OTR price really mean?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wanton, Jun 23, 2013.

1. wanton

wanton Member

Hi All another question lol !!
    I thought OTR meant this was the price to drive the car away. This includes a spare wheel, a tank of petrol, one years tax, number plates and a set of mats which I thought Audi normally chuck in for free anyway. Is this the case or am I stupid lol?

Cheers.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

This seems to have its own meaning for different brands aswell as dealerships it would appear lmao.
  3. sliced

sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

On the road? ie including road tax
  4. wanton

wanton Member

I presumed road tax AND ALL the other bits I mentioned above sliced. This is of course me thinking "On the Road" means on the road to drive. As I said maybe I am being stupid but the dealer my mum is buying the car off is charging her for all the bits I mentioned above apart from the tax. There is also a "Delivery Pack - No. Plates" being charged at £493.62 before tax as well as "smart Protection" at £300 what ever the hell that's for! She hasn't given them the cash. That's why I going there on Monday with her. lol...
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  5. wanton

wanton Member

Just found out. SMART Protection :- - they will repair any scratch, dent or scuff up to £3k in a 3yr period
    - unlimited # of claims with a £25 excess each time up to the £3k claim limit
    - so you don't have to claim on your main motor insurance. Now that does seem like its worth it :sm4:
  6. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

No. Not the case, never has been either.

A tank of fuel, a set of mats and a spare wheel is an easy £300 worth of extras.

OTR is the price of the vehicle with the first registration fee and the first years tax.

Nothing more, nothing less.
  7. wanton

wanton Member

Wow thanks for enlightening me! And you can confirm that as 100% fact klappe? I have only bought one new car and TBH that was more than 15 years ago. When I bought it I got all that stuff.. Times change.. Im getting old..
  8. wanton

wanton Member

BTW she has a £55 registration fee. I think however it is probably becuase of the private plate she has that needs to be swapped.
  9. Jack_tdi

Jack_tdi Member

I've never really thought about this before. I've never bought a new car and probly never will. I would of said OTR would be the bare minimum to get the car legally allowed on the road. The extras you would expect for free after spending a large amount of money but you know what car dealers are like!!!!!