1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want to see from your region?

Discussion in 'Ireland/Northern Ireland' started by Brennan, May 29, 2014.

1. Brennan

Brennan Former Audi Driver
    Team Estoril

Ok guys, we want to get this place up and running. What do you want to see from your region?

I have great hopes for ASN over here and would love to bring the site to as many get togethers and car shows as i can.

I was speaking to Sandra and hopefully we'll be able to get some club merchandise, banners, flags, flyers etc. to help us recruit members to the site.

This is your chance to tell us what you want, give us your ideas on where you'd like us to take the region :)

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Brennan

Team Estoril

come on guys we're trying really hard here :/

4. y2kcurran

y2kcurran Member

Everyone loves merchandise, it makes you feel part of something and it will help spread the word and recruit new members easier. (T-shirts! haha).

I suppose the obvious thing of regular (not just once off) meets which may start out small at the beginning but if each member then tries to bring a new recruit or two each time the numbers will steadily increase. If someone has VCDS that could always be a way of spurring people on out so they can have a tinker and start to network with each other. Sharing tips/advice and knowing members who have certain skill sets when it comes to all things VAG has its own obvious merit.

However the unfortunate thing for me is that just as NI gets up and running i'm moving to England mid-July! :(

5. Brennan

Team Estoril

Real shame you're moving buddy, we will get a meet sorted ASAP so we can see you before you leave.

You raised some very good points there, merchandise is key for the region, it makes you feel more part of the site. Hopefully we will be able to get a few bits and pieces of club stuff for our meets.

I still have to talk to Shaun properly about a 'meet schedule', a regular meet maybe at the same location or a different location every time, we'll work something out. I will be advertising the meets on local car forums to get word around, it will be open for all Audi drivers to join us. Hopefully this will result in more members.

VCDS, i know nothing about, thats Shaun's forte, so he will take over that side of things.

I would love to get a meet organised for next week, to get the ball rolling :)

6. IrishDave

IrishDave Active Member

Glad we finally have our own regional section on the forum. Thanks to all involved in setting this up.
    Regarding events and meet's, having them at different locations both north and south of the border, to me sounds like the best option.

Point_Audi likes this.
  7. illingworth22

illingworth22 Active Member
    TeamMisano Audi A3 Audi S3

There need to be some Southern Meets for sure!

Your competing with autostadt.ie here and there is not much interest at all.... unfortunately. Maynooth meets are a handful and the Dublin meets have evaporated.

8. mcnallys

mcnallys Keep 'er lit!!!

Good to swap ideas, upgrades, group buys as well. Good to get advice from other Audi/car geeks, I have been running an audi for a while and I know the cars would like a group hug - lol

But please don't have a go about our Z4, I actually like it even though it's from the dark side.

9. Sc08 LAB

Sc08 LAB Active Member

Well a good morning to all, I've just got my vagcom cable and did some tinkering last night so I'd be happy to help, although I know about A5's as A5oc is my go to forum.

If anyone has guides for there model please point me in the right direction and I'll swat up to see if I can help.

10. Brennan

Team Estoril

Nice one mate, Shaun has also got the VCDS. Good to hear we have a couple of contacts

11. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

You also havev s3 trev with vcds

12. Brennan

Team Estoril

Oh yes sorry my mistake, forgot trev had it too

13. Statler

Statler Old enough to know better
    Team Daytona Team V6 Gold Supporter

With so many VCDS owners would it be worth starting a 'local' thread in here with common changes and writeups on more difficult tasks?
    Maybe a 'closest town' location map to cable owners (as long as they are willing of course) to give us an idea of distance to the nearest person?

Brennan likes this.
  14. Brennan

Team Estoril

Sounds like a great idea Steve, i'll start a thread :)

15. Brennan

Team Estoril

I would assume that most Audi interfaces are the same bud, at least the A4 anyway as the A5 is based on it