What do you use to keep your audi clean?

Magicmart

Reaction score
What do you use to keep your audi clean? I have just bought a 58 plate audi in black I know black is the worse colour to keep clean so just looking for any tips ect and what the best stuff on the market is to keep her looking like she just come out a show room

I've Black A3 as well, wash it often is the only way. You can spend ££££'s on speciality cleaning products but a regular shampoo, rinse and dry is the only way.

What do you use to keep your audi clean? I have just bought a 58 plate audi in black I know black is the worse colour to keep clean so just looking for any tips ect and what the best stuff on the market is to keep her looking like she just come out a show room

I used meguairs 3 stage..which was brill. now it comes out gleaming even after a wash!

Maguars stuff seems to work very well on my phantom black s3. Or just don't drive it in crap weather. :sob:

Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax is AWESOME for black cars. Here is a pic of mine taken a few days after it was put on:

20121113_132450.jpg

I've Black A3 as well, wash it often is the only way. You can spend ££££'s on speciality cleaning products but a regular shampoo, rinse and dry is the only way.

Disagree with that. Regular washing helps but a good sealant or wax makes a huge difference.

Totally depends on how much you want to spend on stuff, condition of paint work, how involved you want to get etc.

I own a black A3 too, so regular washing is a new past time. Just a simple wash and dry keeps it nice. Then every few weeks a good coat of Chemical Guys 50/50 wax which a mate recommended and I think is the dogs danglies. Really nice mirror like finish, beads nicely when wet, seems to stay on for ages and makes the car easier to clean between waxes.

Black is a nightmare to make clean for starters. It shows up swirling really badly. Simplest thing to do would be to wash with two buckets, using a decent wash mit. NOT A SPONGE. One bucket is kept for dirty water, so all the grit and crap goes in there, the other bucket has your clean water and shampoo in.

When drying, stick to using a micro fibre towel, not a chamois or blade.

...and to reduce the appearance of swirls, a good basic polish is Autoglym Super Resin Polish. That is if you're not prepared to go down the root of machine polishing and paint correction.

try poorboys blackhole to mask the swirls, then on with a wax poorboys nattys blue for a wet look shine

Reactions: grr666
2 bucket method as mentioned with a wash mitt and Kleen Freaks stuff is really good. Used their shampoo and wax and was really pleased with the results..

Disagree with that. Regular washing helps but a good sealant or wax makes a huge difference.

Yes sir indeed, polishing and waxing needs to be done at least once a year but go for a drive in the rain and all is undone in a matter of minutes.

Yes sir indeed, polishing and waxing needs to be done at least once a year but go for a drive in the rain and all is undone in a matter of minutes.

How is that then? The whole of idea of waxing/sealing is to protect your paintwork from the elements and foregin bodies from the road. As I'm sure most of you have seen, water (which includes rain) will bead off a good wax for some time (up to 6 months for some of the synthetic sealants)

Yes your car may not look as immaculate as it does when it is first waxed after a few runs in the rain, but it will look better, and a quick wash with a good pH neutral shampoo should bring the car back to a lovely shine.

Yet to give mine the works yet but had a black Fabia vRS
before this car and my process is as follows.
(It will be the same on this car of course but the paint on this
one is in better nick so can't wait until spring so I can get stuck into it.)

Bilt hamber snowfoam as a touchless pre wash.
Jet wash rinse.
(Twice a year clay whole car (including glass) with Bilt hamber clay bar.)
Meguiars gold class shampoo as first hand wash.
Jet wash rinse,
Dry, then apply a coat of poorboys black hole show glaze
(Really adds depth to the shine and smooths the paint like nothing else I've used)
Then in summer I use Nattys Blue paste wax. and in winter Colinite 476 as a LSP.

Other products...
I use Valet Pro bilberry wheel cleaner and Chemical guys new look trim gel for tyres, door rubbers
and plastics. And Chemical Guys Pro detailer w/carnuba for quick touch ups and the like.

Once a year I remove all wheels and thoroughly clean them front and back
then blackhole and Colinite 476s them to seal them.
I also clean brakes, calipers and shocks along with dressing the arch liners
using the trim gel. I also remove numberplates once a year and clean behind them too.

I find car cleaning very therapeutic :D

^^ Knows.

Fk1000p is also a very durable wax if you just want something that you can stick on and forget about.

Yet to give mine the works yet but had a black Fabia vRS
before this car and my process is as follows.
(It will be the same on this car of course but the paint on this
one is in better nick so can't wait until spring so I can get stuck into it.)

Bilt hamber snowfoam as a touchless pre wash.
Jet wash rinse.
(Twice a year clay whole car (including glass) with Bilt hamber clay bar.)
Meguiars gold class shampoo as first hand wash.
Jet wash rinse,
Dry, then apply a coat of poorboys black hole show glaze
(Really adds depth to the shine and smooths the paint like nothing else I've used)
Then in summer I use Nattys Blue paste wax. and in winter Colinite 476 as a LSP.

Other products...
I use Valet Pro bilberry wheel cleaner and Chemical guys new look trim gel for tyres, door rubbers
and plastics. And Chemical Guys Pro detailer w/carnuba for quick touch ups and the like.

Once a year I remove all wheels and thoroughly clean them front and back
then blackhole and Colinite 476s them to seal them.
I also clean brakes, calipers and shocks along with dressing the arch liners
using the trim gel. I also remove numberplates once a year and clean behind them too.

I find car cleaning very therapeutic :D

Very impressive Gary,

I use shampoo that graces Elle McPherson dressing table (she reputedley uses the most expensive shampoo in the world to wash her soft downy pussy at least twice a day) and and rinse with 1 billion year old thawed ice from the North Pole, excavated by Meteorology scientists only once every 10 years.
Final rinse is much the same as the first except the iced water must come from the South Pole, King Penguins are reputedly the best means to find the ice but only when they are ovulating, the Meteorologists have follow them for some weeks to locate the correctly aged ice, no mean feat in a wilderness so cold.
Drying is then accomplished with a silk dressing gown specially gifted to me by Jane Fonda, you know, the one she wore in Dr. No and is very sensitive to detergents so it has never been washed since it left her curvy body just after filming, I covert that dressing gown, it will never leave my possesion, some say it's worth a fortune on Ebay, but no, I'll never sell!
I then shine the paintwork up with wax which is a product of a very rare Bee only found in nests on trees that overhang the Angel Falls in a very precarious position, the wax can only be collected by naked bronzed Venezuelan girls on a leap day, these girls are are hand picked every 4 years by myself and have to prove themselves to me to be a Virgin, the bees don't sting virgins apparently.
Incidently the polishing cloth is a natural fibre type made of Egyptian cotton and used hang on the towel rail of Katherine Jenkins apartment when she was single, the towel was regularly used by Katherine to dry those very intimate parts of her body and again never been washed since, I nicked it from her bathroom a few years ago in my days of being a plumber when I was called out to unblock her showertray waste, yes folks it was blocked up with a lot short soft blonde curley hair. I'll never forget that job.

Reactions: MrBones
^^^
Are you getting more sarcastic in your old age Bernard?
Great post!! I'm a bit young to know who some of those
women are :p I do have a pair of crotchless chaps that once belonged
to Christina Aguilera winging their way to me via ebay.
Gonna use them to dry my tyres. :)

All I know is if I spend all day/weekend cleaning the car
then Mrs Grr doesn't get any help with the housework ;)