what do you think?

ben-sullivan

Reaction score
Thanks for opinions. Picture removed due to no.plate on show. Well done for the eagle eyed people who are willing to tell me whats right or wrong. That wasnt the question i asked. Anyhow thanks

Last edited:
Each to their own and all that.... never mind. It was a similar idea to what the passats have. A chrome lip on the base of the tailgate. Except this was gloss black.

Just thought I'd explain.. To most people the styling of the a3/s3 is perfect and, let's be honest this should be a classy car, it's an Audi afterall, so most people on here wouldn't like it and I'm one of them. It'd probably look alright on something like a saxo, that and your illegally spaced numberplates, maybe your just not mature enough, or maybe your one of those people who drives this thing in a tracksuit. Of course, this is my opinion and everyone should have an opinion.

still ...I'd like tthe chance of adding my own opinion. bring back te pics.

Each to their own and all that.... never mind. It was a similar idea to what the passats have. A chrome lip on the base of the tailgate. Except this was gloss black.
It looked like a gap to me Ben,if you want this thread to disappear pm me.

Each time a member types a title for a thread 'what do you think' it should have warnings pop up saying are you sure you wanna do this and a disclaimer from the site,ASN members never take prisoners.

Reactions: ScottD3
2013-11-17085108.jpg

IMG_20131109_100404.jpg

IMG_20130906_222207.jpg

Your ok mate. Im sure i can handle a few keyboard bashers. So let me get this right your telling me an audi should be left along. So why you lowered and got rep bbs wheels. Pretty much copying what a million people have done before. Hence why the picture i uploaded was to be different. Trying not to follow the crowd. Each to their own like you say. Thats my opinion. Let me know as well if you need a picture of what i wear. Seeing as you are a bit judgemental. I have an image in my head of what you look like but to be honest. I cant write it on here.

To replace the original pic i have put a few pics of my car in current form.

Reactions: richarddavies3, Dean_T, Artimus and 1 other person
I will post it up again later once ive edited it and taken my no.plate out of the picture

Just thought I'd explain.. To most people the styling of the a3/s3 is perfect and, let's be honest this should be a classy car, it's an Audi afterall, so most people on here wouldn't like it and I'm one of them. It'd probably look alright on something like a saxo, that and your illegally spaced numberplates, maybe your just not mature enough, or maybe your one of those people who drives this thing in a tracksuit. Of course, this is my opinion and everyone should have an opinion.

lol wait till you see my build thread in jan. your gonna defecate right through your flash suit because of my cheap tacky mods. :)

Those pics look great - what's so controversial? surely if someone wants to risk a tug for non road legal script on their reg plate that's their own choice & shouldn't be subject to the Ministry of the Bleedin' Obvious making a mountain of it?

I feel sorry for any so-called Enthusiast that has to look at the number plate of two factory identical models to know which one he owns.

Different is Good people. Encourage, don't ridicule.

Last edited:
From what i recollect, OP posted something like this. So thats why first few posts were saying its terrible, before the picture was removed, and new different ones were added.

accurate_diagram.jpg

Right here is the original picture i put up. However this one is edited. Also now the cars back on its winter wheels.

20131102_120855.jpg

2013-11-17223645.jpg

Right here is the original picture i put up. However this one is edited. Also now the cars back on its winter wheels.

20131102_120855.jpg

2013-11-17223645.jpg

Personally I dont see whats so bad about that... Looks as if the boot lid doesnt fit and theres a gap... But its only pics, its probably different looking standing next to the car... Its a modest touch, something different and anyone is perfectly entitled to doing what they want to their own car imo... Everyone is entitled to their own opinions also especially when asked for them, but some folk do take it too far like they've got a stick up their own ars .... Ive seen some right shocking mods on this site, but never went out my way to let them know that.. Each owner obviously loves their own cars in their own way!

anyway back to point... Not my taste as from pics it just looks like a gap, but other pics of car looks good!

Last edited:
okay, now I get it.

Why not an aluminium lip? you could buy a strip, trim it to fit, then bond it on. Brushed ally would match your summer wheels too, no? That would be a first.

Yeah thats what i thought its different. It was brushed effect before i painted it lol. I could always paint silver. But then again my summer wheels are getting refurbed. But im unsure on colour

Personally I dont see whats so bad about that... Looks as if the boot lid doesnt fit and theres a gap... But its only pics, its probably different looking standing next to the car... Its a modest touch, something different and anyone is perfectly entitled to doing what they want to their own car imo... Everyone is entitled to their own opinions also especially when asked for them, but some folk do take it too far like they've got a stick up their own ars .... Ive seen some right shocking mods on this site, but never went out my way to let them know that.. Each owner obviously loves their own cars in their own way!

anyway back to point... Not my taste as from pics it just looks like a gap, but other pics of car looks good!

Cheers mate see i dont mind comments like that. Fair enough. Im only testing the water on new ideas. If it doesnt work out all ive got to do it remove it as its stuck on with badge tape.

well, it'd still match brushed wing mirror covers & look a lot more classy than paint. :)

if you could get my11 darker lights that would make it look better not that its bad anyways, its just the camera angle that just looks like a gap.

Agreed ill take a better picture, and yes im getting my11 rear lights brand new oem for 57 each. Bargain price

Don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree but I think you got the wrong idea when people said your plates where illegal. They meant in the eye of the law they are illegal, whether it be font, spacing or style of plate. It's not illegal to put a picture of your plate on here. hope that helps

So why you lowered and got rep bbs wheels. Pretty much copying what a million people have done before. Hence why the picture i uploaded was to be different. Trying not to follow the crowd.

Are you trying to be individual by lowering you car and putting 3SDMs on?

Iv got news for you if you are.....

Not at all. But im finding ways to be diff in other aspects is what i was getting at.