What do you think about cherished number plates?

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
I mean the ones that cost £400-£600 and are like P33 JNV.

A guy at work just bought some for his Mondeo. It is like P31 JNV .

I could understand it if they said J0HN 1 or A1 JOHN.

Do you think it adds a certain something to a car to have your initials on it?

I looked it up for me, T60 MSH costs £344.

Would it make the car look smarter? Or the driver look like a nob?

It's personal isn't it, a plate that you keep for life, so come 20 years later, your brand spanking new B10 Audi A4 Avant on 20" rims will still have T60 MSH as 'your' reg!

I see personal registrations as the final touch to making a car personal along with alloys and lowering etc., all my cars have a private reg of some sort.

What jojo said really.

It's something meaningful to you what ever it says, I just think they look daft if they don't make sense (trying to hard to say something such as putting screws all over the place) but each to their own. Initials are always a safe option as it's nice and simple plus you aren't having your arm ripped off for the price in comparison to some fancy plates.

It's personal isn't it, a plate that you keep for life, so come 20 years later, your brand spanking new B10 Audi A4 Avant on 20" rims will still have T60 MSH as 'your' reg!

I see personal registrations as the final touch to making a car personal along with alloys and lowering etc., all my cars have a private reg of some sort.

I agree with JoJo. Initials are by far the best type of personal plate - they are personal to you and you change the plate from car to car. I think it's obvious what my plate from my login name. I also use it as a login to lots of websites and it always available whatever the site. My wife has a matching plate on her car using her initials. I purchased our plates direct from the DVLA for £230 including the £80 transfer fee when the DVLA first allowed you to purchase new issue plates back in 1991. So far my plate has been on nine different cars.

I think they are cool....

As long as they make sense to you, thats the main thing really, im not a superfan of all the dots and misrepresentation.