What do you get from a full tank?

Lloyd Xmas

Reaction score
Hi guys, i know this kind of thing has been asked before but was after quite a specific answer from owners of 150PS 2.0 Diesel Sportback. Im picking my car up on Wednesday (will post pics asap) and wondered what distance on average, you could expect from a full tank? I know it gets better with time but looking for a real world worst case (as in brand new) average figure.

Cheers guys.

Hi,

Around 500 miles from my 1.6TDi - 8V which has a 50 litre tank. That's to red light just coming on so there is probably 5l or so still left in it.

I also noticed the tanks are smaller in the 8V vs 8P. My 8P S3 had a 60 litre tank.

I get around 500 miles per tank, give or take a few, very mixed driving with 3k on the clock.

Mark

Depends on who's driving, my wife gets 50ish and. Get 30 ish so nail it and be happy

Last time I filled up I did 530.4 miles, used 46.13 litres for 52.27mpg. 1.6 TDI.

Not enough.

[well someone had to say it and surprised no-one has said it already].

Reactions: StefRobinson
I got 526 miles out of 46.74 litres which equates to approx 51mpg. I'm fairly happy with this seen as though the car has only done 1k.

(2.0TDI S-Line)

I regularly get a £60 hole in my bank account irrespective of how i drive :laugh:

1500 miles in and getting between 45 - 50mpg (Ca 475 miles until the light come on) per tank depending on how and where I drive.

Not fully put my foot down yet but will start to now, expect I will not get any more than this as engine bedding in will be out stripped by more use of the right boot, but more than happy with this return as economy is not a concern for me

Last edited:
Havn't let the tank fully go down, but th last refill was with 575 miles driven

Currently I have done 585, showing 85 miles left in the tank. Most of these miles were 2 long motorway journeys of 180 miles.
Having done about 1700 miles in just over 4 weeks, the mpg is creeping up,

My daily commute is around 46-48mpg usually, and that's with traffic at either end of it, no motorways (all villages and single carriageways), which I'm quite happy with - certainly better than my old car! I've not done enough longer journeys to get a figure for that yet

Cheers for all the info. Picked the car up 2 days ago and so far i'm extremely impressed. Did two long journeys yesterday, first around 4 hours solid driving and the second around 2 hours. On both trips I averaged 62mpg. Considering the car is brand new and therefore will only get better I was very happy! Will post pics soon, once it's had a clean, unfortunately with the crap weather in the UK it needs it already!