1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you all think?

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by Morells, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Morells

Morells Active Member

[Apr 17, 2013]
    I know it's way off in the future but the new RS3 when it eventually does come out do you reckon it'll be a saloon version? The only reason I ask is because they have said they will not be bringing the RS4 out in a saloon and then you look at the Audi line up and they are missing a serious hot saloon and they can put the hot hatch segment towards the A1. It's just been playing on my mind and wanted other people's opinions.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

[Apr 18, 2013]
    Excuse me Morells but I'm having too much fun with the current RS3 to care what Audi do next; and I can't see them improve much on the dynamics/physical size combo of the current animal for use on public roads anyway... :shrug:
    HullRs3 likes this.
  4. P_G

P_G Member

[Apr 18, 2013]
    Given that there will be an S3 saloon there is a decent chance that there will be an RRS variant of it somewhere doen the line. Wick slightly turned up so more like 400bhp than 330-350 presently to see off comepttion from AMG and M engines. But it will be a few years off yet.

But it won't be to fill the RS4 saloon gap as that is what the RS5 is for despite it having 2 doors and a boot.
  5. dbm

dbm Active Member

[Apr 18, 2013]
    Audi's current policy is RS coupes and estates only. Having a saloon in between segments the market too much - the coupes cover the overtly sporty end and the estates cover the rest.
  6. HullRs3

HullRs3 7th Gear

[Apr 18, 2013]
    This is more or less my sentiments.... By the time the next version comes out if at all going by the timescale of the RS3 I would likely not be able to afford another RS3 as I expect to have a family and or a house by then (within the next ten years). Also, my current RS3 was bought with some of the money my Dad would have given me as part of his Will.
    Now had Audi not produced the RS3, then I would have gone for a totally different car altogether but that is a different story!