What Do I Need?....

Maq

Quattro_AvQ
Reaction score
Need to change my Oil on the weekend, as its become very black!...I need to find out what grade of Oil i require and where to purchase it from, aswell as what filters,sump plugs etc...The car is a 1.9TDi...any 'How To's' would be great help!

Thanks

Castrol edge is the best stuff, if you look in the hand book it tells you which viscosity to pick. It's a straight forward job really.

DO i need just a oil filter..or anything else?

Get a quote from audi for full oil change. Will be about £100-150 depending on how much oil you use etc

Then tell them you are buying your own oil, they will amend your quote and will then be about £30-£50

Buy your own oil here http://www.nielsencdg.co.uk/acatalog/Car__Castrol_Edge_5W-30_Fully_Synthetic_Engine_Oil_5L.html, castrol edge is what audi recommend and i wouldnt buy anything else personally.

You wont find it any cheaper anywhere else and you get 1 litre free with every 4 litre you buy, check with audi what specific oil you need and then buy from that site.

Book your car in and get it all changed with your own oil, they will provide the oil filter.

And hey presto i have just saved you over 60%, plus you can say it was all done by audi and have the paperwork to prove it.

Its what i do all the time mate.

Or save even more and do it yourself! Yes, you need an oil filter. Nothing else for just an oil service.

Thanks alot guys, probz wont go down the Audi route, as i probably will have this car for many years to come, so re-sale value wont really be a big issue...
I will most likely just pop down into Euro Car Parts and pick up a OE Quality Oil Filter and some Castrol Edge 5W-40, as it seems all the rage from the reviews on here and elsewhere!. So no 'sump plugs' needed, i dont even know what there purpose is!