What do I need to do? USB

Darren1983

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wanting to connect some sort of external music device to my car stereo using a sub cable, is this possible? Is there a cable that will just plug into the back of the stereo? It's just a standard stereo with 6 cd changer.

Thanks
Darren

Considered upgrading to the rns-e with sd card slots?

The SD card functionality on the RNSe is kind of crap, has a limit of 11 tracks per card or something.

I've got an RNSe with Dension Gateway Bluetooth Pro, which works pretty well, shows track name on the DIS etc. Wonder if the Dension works with your stereo. Have a look at the Dension site.

The RNS-E from a Seat Exeo is the one to go for. Same fascia as ours and reasonably new tech, such as LED back-lit screen (don't quote me on that though).

On a 2Gb card you can have a total of 512 objects per card maximum, objects = MP3 files + folders + M3U files

If you have a standard stereo (Concert etc), it might be possible to plug in an iPod / Android adapter cable into the CD multi changer port.

I had a Concert head unit with the old iPod connector - pain in the butt as it would not charge.

I ended buying a new Kenwood head unit with USB adapters, DAB and bluetooth. With the Canbus wiring loom (plug and play), the whole lot cost me around £250. It does work with my steering wheel controls, but I don't get the display info on the dash.

Easiest way is probably buy the relevant audi part, depending on your stereo, or swap your stereo for an aftermarket unit with a can bus wiring loom.

(A Canbus wiring loom means that the cars CANBUS electrical system won't throw any errors when a non-audi part is connected. It will also shut the stereo down when the ignition is turned off).

I bought a Kenwood BT73DAB, Canbus wiring and a fascia plate from Car Audio Direct.

Decide what features you want, MP3 / charging of device / DAB / Bluetooth etc and then speak to a couple of car audio places. Ultimately, it's how much you are willing to spend to have extras audio features...