1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i need to change ?

craig9999 Aug 13, 2011

1. craig9999

craig9999 New Member

ive got 120,000miles on my s3 and wondered what i need to change due to the high mileage !
    I ve done cambelt, water pump and regular oil changes etc. i no these engines go on forever but wondered what has to be done to be safe ?
    Thanks

2. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Id say pressure check make sure you have no split hose's lost power!,make sure brake fluid has been changed at some point mayby clean fuel rail for better flow,and keep up what you have been doing!

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I recommend your oil pick up to be cleaned/changed.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

As above, plus I'd be refreshing the transmission oil, haldex oil & filter (which I guess you've been doing anyway?) and the diff oil. Going to do mine in a couple of weeks, now at ~ 85k miles. Oh, and a celebratory detailing session of course.

5. craig9999

craig9999 New Member

thanks for your help

6. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Almost certainly the oilpickup clean.

Replace all vaccum hoses

Wishbone bushes and suspension mounts/bearings

Haldex oil change

Gearbox oil change.

Do it all yourself and parts shouldn't cost you more than £100 and you would have covered most things that could potentially go wrong.