what diverter valve kit

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
hi im have been lookin at buying a diverter valve for my s3,does anyone know what fitting kit i would need say for a forge or bailey one,cheers

Just buy it and fit it! No kit needed, just fits in the place of the original DV!

Easy job, slightly easier when the engine is cold! ;)

so is that for all diverter valves or just bailey and forge,ive seen some on ebay from around £48 but not sure if they will be any good,im looking to get my car chipped and have heard the oem diverter splits under pressure of a chipped s3,is this true

danotto said:
so is that for all diverter valves or just bailey and forge,ive seen some on ebay from around £48 but not sure if they will be any good,im looking to get my car chipped and have heard the oem diverter splits under pressure of a chipped s3,is this true

From what I have learnt it is advisable to get it changed yes, as for spliting under pressure, not sure....

I need to get one myself and I think I will be going for a black forge DV.

i have a forge item does the job nicely sounds nice also. All you need is a couple of jubilee clips & a zip tie. Easy.

mattyboy199 said:
i have a forge item does the job nicely sounds nice also. All you need is a couple of jubilee clips & a zip tie. Easy.

Do you remember how much you paid for it and where you bought it from?

can anyone post a pic up of theyre diverter valve as it is in the car,only if you have them i dont expect people to go out and remove the engine cover etc for my expense

It sits just under the right hand corner of the engine cover you cant miss it. I bought the Forge DV from someone on here unused for £60. Should be able to get one for £70-90

ive been looking at doing this two, as ive just had a remap done. Is there any way of knowing if the o.e audi valve has gone... ie is there a total loss of boost or just maybee a few psi???

Also does any one have the forge splitter valve as i like the idea of being able to have some noise or run it silent if it gets on your tits...?

mastayoda i think your talking about an adj BOV, where you have the boost returning to the system which gives the wastegate flutter noise or open which dumps it in the atmos

i was told these are really much cop, but get what you want :icon_thumright: