what difference will there be 3sdm 0.01

ET SETTING

• F ET 42 R ET 35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F ET 32 R ET 35

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flat of wheel hub to centre of rim, positive offset is when the hub sits outwards of the centre line and negative offset is when the hub sits inwards of the centre line ie seriously deep dish wheels.

Yes your correct Ajax it's measured from the inner rim to the back of the wheel hub centre lol. So a lower offset would mean a more concave wheel unless the wheel is wider.

Yes your correct Ajax it's measured from the inner rim to the back of the wheel hub centre lol

Wrong, Centre line of the wheel to the mounting face of the hub!!! Google it theres loads of pictures showing how it works.

So a lower offset would mean a more concave wheel unless the wheel is wider.

Yes but as explained previously it depends on the how the wheel is manufactured. I believe the two wheels NOZ likes will have exactly the same concaveness. The et32 will just have a 10mm thicker hub causing it to sit 10mm further out, if he bought the ET42 and fitted a 10mm spacer he would have an identical set up with same poke and concaveness. With 3sdms to get a more concave look he would need to buy a 9.5j instead of a 8.5j.

It's not financially viable for companys like 3sdm to make wheels for so many makes of cars all with different widths, offsets etc and alter the concaveness for every offset. Far cheaper to make one wheel with one depth of concave and machine material off the hub to alter the offset.

As I said earlier though I'm not 100% sure 3sdm do this but I would certainly stake some beer tokens on it, only way to find out for sure is to contact them.

Reactions: gavindudley
Yes m8 as I stated in my last post I see what you mean. It's measured from the centre line of the wheel width to the position of the hub face. I was just watching a video and the women was demonstrating how to measure the offset, but she had a straight edge across the inner rim and was measuring from that. That's why I was getting confused.

I haven't done too badly with mine as now it has air lift fitted when decked my arches miss my rear wheels by about 5mm. Just right I'd say ;-)

Noz, Of the two set ups I'd go for the ET42 purely as it's the more flexible option.

If you decide to lower you'll probably looking at stretching tyres to get clearance from the wheel arch with ET32 and if you don't like the poke there's practically nothing you can do about it. With ET42 you can lower then add a 5mm, 8mm or whatever to get the look you're after.

Reactions: NOZ
Noz, Of the two set ups I'd go for the ET42 purely as it's the more flexible option.

If you decide to lower you'll probably looking at stretching tyres to get clearance from the wheel arch with ET32 and if you don't like the poke there's practically nothing you can do about it. With ET42 you can lower then add a 5mm, 8mm or whatever to get the look you're after.
Yes That's exactly what I was thinking

my wheels as seen in a earlier post are 8.5x19 front et 32, 9.5x19 et 35 rear with 235/35/19 tyres all round the fronts have no stretch the rears do though(215 or 225 would give stretch on the front)
and ive never had any issues with catching unless fully loaded and it was just the rear tyrewall on the arch liner

here is my new car with the wheels fitted

01BAA193-5CFD-4A2F-9D78-AC8EE7AF9ABD_zpsnmzndzkf.jpg

4936EA32-5A17-49E1-9716-84F0F95C9074_zpsnlrbqqnx.jpg

the b7 s line seems to sit higher than my old b6 sport I don't know why?

my wheels as seen in a earlier post are 8.5x19 front et 32, 9.5x19 et 35 rear with 235/35/19 tyres all round the fronts have no stretch the rears do though(215 or 225 would give stretch on the front)
and ive never had any issues with catching unless fully loaded and it was just the rear tyrewall on the arch liner

here is my new car with the wheels fitted

01BAA193-5CFD-4A2F-9D78-AC8EE7AF9ABD_zpsnmzndzkf.jpg

4936EA32-5A17-49E1-9716-84F0F95C9074_zpsnlrbqqnx.jpg

the b7 s line seems to sit higher than my old b6 sport I don't know why?

Yeah, I thought the same, my B6 sport defiantly sat lower than my B7 sline,,hmmmm!

Hi guys, I have an audi s3 8L, not lowered, was thinking about 18" 3sdm 0.01's. Not very clued up when it comes to
ET. My last set were ET 42, they were RS4 style wheel that previous owner had on. Can you guys help me please? Cheers

Hi guys, I have an audi s3 8L, not lowered, was thinking about 18" 3sdm 0.01's. Not very clued up when it comes to
ET. My last set were ET 42, they were RS4 style wheel that previous owner had on. Can you guys help me please? Cheers
I think they will be 5x100 et35, but I'm not quite sure. I ordered mine from rimstyle and they sorted it all out for me. I had a look and they haven't got them in stock. So I had a look on the 3sdm web page and that is the only size they do in 5x100. Maybe give the guys at 3sdm a call just to make sure. They are pretty helpful

I think they will be 5x100 et35, but I'm not quite sure. I ordered mine from rimstyle and they sorted it all out for me. I had a look and they haven't got them in stock. So I had a look on the 3sdm web page and that is the only size they do in 5x100. Maybe give the guys at 3sdm a call just to make sure. They are pretty helpful

ive spoken to a supplier and they can get them end if July I don't mind waiting, it's just I'm not sure regarding ET, and whether I would have to lower the car aswell so I doesn't look weird with an arch gap to the alloys

ive spoken to a supplier and they can get them end if July I don't mind waiting, it's just I'm not sure regarding ET, and whether I would have to lower the car aswell so I doesn't look weird with an arch gap to the alloys
You will definitely have to lower it as It'll look like a 4x4 on them. 3sdm wheels don't look right with a big arch gap

Try renaissance wheels on ebay that's where I got mine from give the guy a call very helpful don't go to his website though as it's flagged up as having a virus I just phoned the guy highly recommend Uploadfromtaptalk1405090966236

Go for 19'' or even search for 20'' if there are any 20's at all
I got 19's and they still look a bit small to me.
offset ET40 on both front, rear. wheel width 8.5 front 9.5 rear.- fronts needed 3mm spacers to clear the brake calipers - no fitment issues other than that.
SDC16159.jpg