what did you get free when you picked up your a3/s3 ?

cam87

Reaction score
i should be picking my s3 up hopefully this week or the start of next week. what did you get/ push for when you picked the car up?
i think this question may have been asked but i cant seem to find it through search.

thanks

The following (mug weighs a ton!)

Cable
Mug
Oil
Oil2
Skey

i see it as they're not really "free", you're paying for them in the price of the car hence they can give so many away and make it feel like a gift lol

I got a carbon-fibre R8 pen when we picked our 8P up. Wasn't expecting anything so was happy with that!

Full tank of fuel (only 95 RON), Audi Sport mug, Nice Audi key ring, Bottle of oil in a case and that's about it!

No freebies me,because l got a 10.5%,so my son told me....fair enough..lol

Reactions: Superdoug
No such thing as "freebies" ;)

You've paid for it, somewhere ;)

Reactions: Zache, Jassyo06 and Darren92
I got 10.5% off and still got freebies ;)
yeah but you dont stay/live in Scotland....cars are discounted more down south.....and l was offered a 14.5% off a Exclusive painted S3,freebies make no odds to me in terms of the car l have got....the car matters more....and its not a very good opinion of the S3, SO FAR FOR ME....matter for another thread.

I got a big discount (over £4k off) but still got a few freebies; bottle of oil in a bag, keyring and aluminium pedals (had to fit myself though).

yeah but you dont stay/live in Scotland....cars are discounted more down south....
When I was looking at buying a BMW the better deals were coming from Peter Vardy in Edinburgh and Douglas Park in Glasgow. Yet for Audi/the S3 Coventry came out the best, which is further south than what I am...strange how it differs on make.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hopefully I get a cap and a winter beanie , also a storage bag filled with Audi treats

A couple of AMI leads, a litre of oil in a neat zipper case and a huge bunch of flowers which really delighted my wife. Wasn't expecting anything as I got a 9 or 10% discount. (Difficult to calculate precisely as it involved talking up the trade in value for the old car and a hefty discount on GAP insurance).

Yeah I thought it has been covered but couldn't find it thanks for the links etc :)

I think my discount worked out at 8.5% but I added extras after the deal was done so paid full price for some of them. I will make sure I get some top up oil at least as im going to need it before its first service and also a usb mmi cable. Anything more will be a bonus I suppose.

thanks for the replies guys

My discount was 11.3%. It may have helped that my old man had bought 4 cars from them previously. Obviously, I took him with me to order the car lol

Yeah I thought it has been covered but couldn't find it thanks for the links etc :)

I think my discount worked out at 8.5% but I added extras after the deal was done so paid full price for some of them. I will make sure I get some top up oil at least as im going to need it before its first service and also a usb mmi cable. Anything more will be a bonus I suppose.

thanks for the replies guys
You should get the oil and half a tank of fuel as standard. Any freebies are probably best negotiated before you place the order. Once you have given them the order you're in a weaker position for negotiation:keule:

You should get the oil and half a tank of fuel as standard. Any freebies are probably best negotiated before you place the order. Once you have given them the order you're in a weaker position for negotiation:keule:

That's me screwed then lol

No - they'll give you something. MMI leads definitely - I think you get one anyway, but just ask for anything else you want.
I got 3 MMI leads, ashtray (specced no smoking but wanted somewhere for my loose change), two key fobs and a number plate for my trailer. Didn't ask for anything until collection day.

Just remembered I got 2 dummy aluminium 12v plugs for free too. I had ordered them and the pedals separately after ordering the car and I was expecting to pay for them. But they left them in the boot and said it was on them. I should have ordered a few more accessories ;)

A quarter of a tank of petrol! Wasn't too impressed with that, so made them fill the tank up! Apart from that, my local Audi dealer wouldn't give you the steam of their ****! Even the rubber mats I had to buy. Such is the way of things these days ... BTW, the spare oil comes with the car and somewhere along the line Audi have charged you for that. Nothing's 'free'.

3 quarter tank of fuel
Audi Cap
Audi S3 keyring
AMI Cables
Winter Freeze Kit
Audi Cup/Ashtray (I had the no smoking pack)

A quarter of a tank of petrol! Wasn't too impressed with that, so made them fill the tank up! Apart from that, my local Audi dealer wouldn't give you the steam of their ****! Even the rubber mats I had to buy. Such is the way of things these days ... BTW, the spare oil comes with the car and somewhere along the line Audi have charged you for that. Nothing's 'free'.

My car came with a keyring. That was it. I had to complain to the head of business to get some oil!

I got:
MMI leads
Full tank of fuel
Polycarbonate license plate protectors (with dealer logo on frame)
$50 voucher to spend on accessories or parts
3 month free trial of satellite radio

Wow, if dealers only knew how many points they win with customers with these freebies. It costs them nothing ... really, it doesn't when you consider the margins on this stuff. The get a happy customer who feels special and will in all likelihood come back to the same sales person when they look for a new car in the future. Dealers out there take note.

Wow, if dealers only knew how many points they win with customers with these freebies. It costs them nothing ... really, it doesn't when you consider the margins on this stuff. The get a happy customer who feels special and will in all likelihood come back to the same sales person when they look for a new car in the future. Dealers out there take note.

The main problem I had with not getting any oil as a freebie to start with was because my car has required two 1ltr top-ups in the last 18 months. When I spoke to the salesman, I asked why no oil was included when I collected the car, and he told me it was more economical with oil than older cars. My old Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI NEVER required a top-up, and only got fresh oil when undergoing an oil change!

I got a gift box which contained Audi branded: USB Key (Decent replica of the key), SD Card and valve stems.

I got:
AMI Cables
1 ltr Fuchs oil in a nice holder/case
coat hanger thing that goes on the back on the drivers seat.

I was really please with the last one. Salesman mentioned that he noticed I always visited from work in a suit and thought I would find it useful - I do.

Reactions: M_D_O_London and Zache
Bottle of champagne, key ring, 1Lt oil in a case and the AMI cables. Oh and the dramatic reveal in a separate room.

Bought a 36k cudley toy & audi threw in a S3 win win :)

Attachments

• 20150327_180749_LLS.jpg
    20150327_180749_LLS.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: ACWKGYTO, jimmydougle, tigger8888 and 1 other person
I got the S key ring, borrowed their fuel card and filled it with super unleaded and that's it.. Happy enough though really.

It's 100 % swirl free too...:)

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
I got a good discount of the ticket price and a good PX price.

1L oil can in the boot
Full tank of diesel
Full set of rubber mats
First Aid kit
2 dealer key rings

I was more than happy with what I got

S Key fob,
2 AMI leads,
3 quarter tank of super unleaded,
The obligatory oil in a bag.
And I didn't bother in asking for the swirls!!! :search:

Oh yeah the leads and oil too. Think they are standard...but insisted on the yellow lead for the AMI.

I got a thick rubber £170 boot liner, oil with bag, bottle of water, tin of sweets, ami cables

Rs5 pen, travel mug, audi teddy bear, ami leads, bunch of flowers, full tank of fuel