What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

I dint know if it's something to do with the matte paint finish on the wheels, I can't help but think that if they had been gloss, then they would be so much easier to clean.

CarPro Trix coz I'm too tight to buy two bottles of stuff. :) The exhaust tips need a bit of sorting.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Trix doing the trick (ho ho - I'll get my coat). :)

IMG 20160709 140815036
IMG 20160709 140806179

Reactions: Raiden and Keef
Delivered today is a new mitt for me to use, gyeon smoothie mitt. Also in the package was a 3.5" backing plate for my DAS6 pro, and, from everyone on here raving about it, thought I'd try out so carpro reload, as my gtechniq sealant bottle is about to end. Also seems to leave some streaking sometimes so will see what the reload is like.

Got some of this at the weekend... Was recommended it to go over my Carbon Collective coating. Not tried yet...

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Picked up one of these, only £1.99 @ Lidl for cleaning my tires, last of the big spenders me.

Reactions: ChivsBang and SW14NY'S
Ordered these 2 over the weekend -

Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid
Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer

Just can't help myself lol

Reactions: DrEskimo and SW14NY'S
Ordered these 2 over the weekend -

Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid
Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer

Just can't help myself lol

I took too long finding that small spray bottle then ><

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Bought Megs UC, G3 Clay Mit and back to what I first used as tyre sheen AG Vinyl and Rubber Care. Only bought the G3 Clay mitt as I'm doing my mates older A3 and its needing a good going over. Can't do a full detail these days so the mitt will hopefully cut down on the time.

Reactions: scotty76
Only bought the G3 Clay mitt as I'm doing my mates older A3 and its needing a good going over. Can't do a full detail these days so the mitt will hopefully cut down on the time.

Definitely will mate. For a whole car it's the way forward. I only use clay for spot fixes now, I use the mitt for everything else.

Reactions: Scottyg
Carbon Collective Satsuma snow foam, 1L. Very keen to try this as it's apparently so concentrated you only need 10mm or so in the snow foam bottle to make an amazing foam!

I believe so, as it's designed to be suitable for ceramic coatings (Carbon Collective Platinum, etc). I'll check it out and update...

"A super highly concentrated PH neutral snow foam formulated to produce a thick blanket of foam on exterior surfaces. The rich clinging foam effectively lifts dirt & grime safely without stripping any waxes or sealants. The vehicle can be foamed & left to soak prior to washing. The high concentrate formula can be diluted at 1:20 with clean warm water."

Reactions: SPIKE_
Is this PH neutral? Please make sure to let us know how it goes!
So, gave this a go this evening. Very impressed! I diluted it roughly 1:18, and it was watery when applied but my god did it clean well! Almost didn't need to use my mitts and shampoo!
What was supposed to be a quick wash turned into a major session - AD Obsession wax on the bonnet, Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax over the rest of the car, finishing with a quick coat of AD Project 32. Then gave the wheels a coat of AD Berry wheel sealant, and dressed the tyres. Looks immaculate again!

Reactions: SPIKE_
Just ordered some valet pro citrus pre wash, dodo juice born to be mild shampoo and dodo juice captain canoodle microfibre wash mitt

As a total beginner how am i doing? Is there anything else i should look at for a glacier white car?

Just ordered some valet pro citrus pre wash, dodo juice born to be mild shampoo and dodo juice captain canoodle microfibre wash mitt

As a total beginner how am i doing? Is there anything else i should look at for a glacier white car?
Thats your washing sorted @Karen O' ;)

I'm using Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer on my wife's solid white Ford Ka at the mo & am really pleased with the results
Beauty of the Sonax is it doesn't cost a fortune either
Keep an eye out for the discount codes on Euro Car Parts and it can be had for under a £5 delivered
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...or-cleaning/car-detailer/?549992160&0&cc5_761

Couple of pic's of the wife's Ka with the Sonax applied -

Reactions: ChivsBang
Thats your washing sorted @Karen O' ;)

I'm using Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer on my wife's solid white Ford Ka at the mo & am really pleased with the results
Beauty of the Sonax is it doesn't cost a fortune either
Keep an eye out for the discount codes on Euro Car Parts and it can be had for under a £5 delivered
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...or-cleaning/car-detailer/?549992160&0&cc5_761

Couple of pic's of the wife's Ka with the Sonax applied -

Looks good ill go look it up. I take it u just spray on wipe off? Can u recommended a good cloth to wipe off with

Looks good ill go look it up. I take it u just spray on wipe off? Can u recommended a good cloth to wipe off with
@Karen O' - Spray onto a panel at time
Spread in circular motion with short pile MF until you can't see the product
Then buff off with a clean short pile MF
Move onto the next panel & repeat
Remember with the Sonax BSD, less product is better. To much and you'll notice smearing
Don't worry if it feels quite 'grabby' when you've applied it. Its always like that
The beading on this stuff is amazing!

Reactions: Karen O'
@Karen O' - Spray onto a panel at time
Spread in circular motion with short pile MF until you can't see the product
Then buff off with a clean short pile MF
Move onto the next panel & repeat
Remember with the Sonax BSD, less product is better. To much and you'll notice smearing
Don't worry if it feels quite 'grabby' when you've applied it. Its always like that
The beading on this stuff is amazing!
Thank you

Just took delivery of my Prima Amigo!

Recommended by @Bristle Hound so will try it out in the next while and see how it goes.

IMG 2414

Reactions: Scottyg, Bristle Hound and scotty76
Bought some Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam to test out my snow foam attachment (see thread above to read about my experience). Car wasn't desperately dirty but it had tiny dots of pine sap which make dust from the atmosphere stick. The snow foam loosened it nicely.

Came to an end of my Collonite 476s, which I have used for years and years on my cars as their main winter protection - have always put lots of thin layers on 24 hours apart (lucky I have a garage to be able to do this), then topped up every month through the winter.

So after reading reviews ordered some Bilt Hamber Double speed wax, lots of reviews of how well it wears especially if loaded up. Also ordered some Gtechniq C5 for the wheels.

Here tomorrow all being well.

Reactions: Scottyg and SPIKE_
Had to bite the bullet and my order of 'the detailer' by BD clean finally turned up. Best stuff for drying a car by far

Another few pennies lighter!!

Been to Halfords today and picked up shampoo, hand mitt, micro fibre cloths, another bucket, and wheel brush.. just ordered snow foam, Gtechniq C2 liquid crystal V3, korossoll iron remover and poorboys wheel sealant.. ..already got autoglym super resin polish.. not too bad cost wise on a budget... gone detailing mad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been to Halfords today and picked up shampoo, hand mitt, micro fibre cloths, another bucket, and wheel brush.. just ordered snow foam, Gtechniq C2 liquid crystal V3, korossoll iron remover and poorboys wheel sealant.. ..already got autoglym super resin polish.. not too bad cost wise on a budget... gone detailing mad!!!

Don't buy MFs out of Halfords. If you have a Costco near you get them in there or if not ASDA. 30 packs available in both shops. Costco ones are superb. I've had mine about 12 months and wash them every week and still like new.

Don't buy MFs out of Halfords. If you have a Costco near you get them in there or if not ASDA. 30 packs available in both shops. Costco ones are superb. I've had mine about 12 months and wash them every week and still like new.

Costco near me thanks for the heads up

Guys I got these products from an old pack from Audi and wondered if they are any good? Can they be used on top of Gtechniq C2 - Liquid Crystal v3 ? All new to this?

0c50a62a77bf9252dd978e771be1db6f.jpg

AG SRP isn't really a polish. It has no cutting power whatsoever. It just gives a nice shine.

AG EGP is very easy to use and gives a nice glossy finish.

I'd use the AG EGP onto of the Gtectniq but not the AG SRP. No real need for it.

AG SRP isn't really a polish. It has no cutting power whatsoever. It just gives a nice shine.

AG EGP is very easy to use and gives a nice glossy finish.

I'd use the AG EGP onto of the Gtectniq but not the AG SRP. No real need for it.

Thanks very much for the info

Guys I got these products from an old pack from Audi and wondered if they are any good? Can they be used on top of Gtechniq C2 - Liquid Crystal v3 ? All new to this?

@ChivsBang - If it was me I would bin or give away both the Autoglym products
Stick with the Gtechniq C2V3 & just keep topping up with that is my advice :thumbs up:

BUT you will find the subject of Detailing very subjective lol

@ChivsBang I've been alternating between C2 and AG extra gloss protection. Using each on alternate months and for a quick long lasting high gloss finish the results are brilliant IMHO, that said I am no detailing expert and as @Bristle Hound said its all very subjective.

Taken Saturday after applying AG high gloss protection, and picture taken on a relatively grey day

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexA4Avant and Bristle Hound
@ChivsBang I've been alternating between C2 and AG extra gloss protection. Using each on alternate months and for a quick long lasting high gloss finish the results are brilliant IMHO, that said I am no detailing expert and as @Bristle Hound said its all very subjective.

View attachment 103953

Taken Saturday after applying AG high gloss protection, and picture taken on a relatively grey day
@Daveotto - S3 looks fab Dave :thumbs up:
Gotta love that colour ;) :D

Got a mate with a sepango S3 HB who has used only Sonax BSD on his car
Came up rather nice IMHO

20160719_213013_zpsbcnfq0ni.jpg

Reactions: ChivsBang and Daveotto
@ChivsBang - If it was me I would bin or give away both the Autoglym products
Stick with the Gtechniq C2V3 & just keep topping up with that is my advice :thumbs up:

BUT you will find the subject of Detailing very subjective lol

Thanks I was actually thinking the same