1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Cycle rack

biggles195 Mar 26, 2012

1. biggles195

biggles195 Member

I'm looking to buy a cycle rack for 2 mountain bikes for my A3 2006 sportback 2.0tdi, it is a sport model so doesn't have the bigger roof spoiler (although I would like to fit one at some point) and I would like to mount it on the tailgate not the roof.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with a particular makes/models of bike rack, ideally one that would fit on my 2006 A6 Avant as well would best fit my needs.

thanks

2. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

Thule all the way....check out their website and you will be abe to get everything you need.

I had an S4 B8 and now have an S3 SB and all I needed to do was to get different foot packs for everything to be interchangable between cars....really easy.

Got the bike rack from them as well and just leave that permanently connected to the roof bars, but their products really are top notch.

Alternatively, get a big sheet and put the bikes inside the car which is what I did before i got the roof bars... :yes:

3. 3DTDi

3DTDi Member

Saris Bones

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I have the towbar 2 bike rack, brilliant kit, once married up with the oem towbar systems thats removable & unseen hole as has a bumper insert aswell, game over :)