What cd player?

simon.m

Reaction score
hi all i have a 2002 52 plate a4 tdi sport but i have a tape player in it
id like to put a cd player in. but not sure if i can keep the info up on the clocks if i use an after market one ie sony or what kind of othere audi one can i fit i see threre is the standered size cd player and i see they do a over sized one to will this fit as well.
any help would be good

thanks
simon

If you want a direct replacment then this is the daddy for you.

autoradio-audi-concert.jpg

It will a straight swap (3 minutes max) and you will retain all your DIS info too.

a few on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OEM-Audi-Conc...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item414bc60ea7

thanks cockney boy all thought i have a chrome strip along the top of my tape player
do i need one with that on it ?

Ive been thinking about changing my cd player for a while for one of those pioneer touchscreen satnav things but my mate says that if you change the original player the sound will never be as good as it is with the original player and the rear speakers wouldnt work without somekind of adapter?? is this true??

iv been told that to but would have thought if you take the audi amps out and put your own speakers and stuff in it would sound just as good
i maybe wrong in thinking that though ;-)
so i have been looking on ebay for a cd player but im a bit lost iv been told by audi i can have a concert one but when asking on ebay
iv been ask what din my tape player is how do i no as i reeeeaaallllyyyyyy can not take not having a cd player any more

getting a aftermarket unit, gives you much more quality of sound as if gives you alot more control of the EQ. personally i had a concert in my audi an swapped it for a single din pioneer, its awesome, mind you having said that i ended up upgrading the speakers and amping the components (which i seem to do in all the cars i have brought)

shaz-raul can i ask what the single din is
is it the size of the head unit from top to bottom like a single din is just say cd and a dubble din
is cd plus tape in one unit.
also did your pioneer let you keep the dis info on dash if not is it just blank

No there aren't any non Audi HU's that retain the DIS info, pointless feature anyway. How bad a driver do you have to be not to be able to comfortably look 6 inches sideways to see what radio station you are still on?
The top bit of the DIS is just blank so you won't even notice it's not there.
DIN is just the industry standard size for a normal HU.
Single DIN is the one shown above, and double DIN is twice the height like a Symphony or RNS-e.
If you go for a Concert2 just make sure it's from an A4 as A3/TT ones have a different fascia. You need the one with the chrome strip along the top IIRC. And it is supplied with the code, obviously.

funny man andy all though i can safly say i can very comfortably look 6 inches to the left and right when driving im a right pro lol
just thought it would be nice to keep the dis working and not blank
i thought as much about the din so that clears that up ;-)
ahh yes the good old code much needed

Sorry for the comically large pics! Not the best quality also. Ask for more info....

OK, so here is what I have fitted on my 2004 Audi A4 1.8TQuattro LM ED

Alpine CDE-9882 Ri CD/MP3
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-cde-9882ri_p-23168.htm
+
Alpine SBE-12KIT 12“ (30cm) Bass Reflex Sub
http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/alpine-sbe12kit-30cm-bass-reflex-subwoofer-p-5381.html

Here is what I have:

Before:
(Got the car like this)

After:
(Not the best pic, looks perfect at night as the dials are red and matches the dash. Also light half of it lights up in blue as evident in the pic)

Last edited:
Nice units but far too much options I found I had to play with!

i got an alpine simalier to one above.i always go for alpine hu as it gives brilliant quailty of sound

Agreed, Alpine have really lost the plot with many head units not even having basic Bass & Treble controls, you have to go into multiple menu's just to turn the bass up or down a notch, and then via an overly complex array of frequency bands - crazy.
If you want a HU with excellent quality that matches the dash then go with a Becker GP
http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/GP7992_becker-grand-prix-7992-cdmp3wma-tuner.html