what can I use to get this clean?

russwuss

Reaction score
Hi All,

The rear grey plastic bumper on the S3 is really faded and brown looking near the exhaust exit, has anyone had this before?

Is there a product to use to clean it? I don't want to use something too harsh incase it ruins the plastic. Or is there a place that sells new ones? Took a pic below of what I'm talking about.. and also one of the car after the full detail :D

Thanks!

Untitled by adamleerusse, on Flickr

Untitled by adamleerusse, on Flickr

i use silicone spray from halfords (cheap on trade) to clean the bumper/side plastics

It has silicone spray on in the pic, doesn't seem to clean it off :-(

hmmm, interesting idea to spray it black - didn't really wanna deviate from standard though.

thanks for the replies!

Paint it, mines black and ive painted mine black, looks so much better.

they clean up really well with some mildly abrasive polish. on a DA or rotory polisher is best, or alot of elbow grease by hand.
then a good quality wax keeps it looking very nice

Use teak linseed oil and a hairdryer, boil the linseed oil first then apply it with a cloth.

They will smell for a few hours but stay jet black for months.

send me a pic pleaseee

Or post up a pic please, interested to see how it looks!

I'll give the DA and cutting compound a go this morning, if that doesn't work ill nip into B&Q on way to work for some
lineseed oil.

thanks for all the replies guys!

They look soooooo much better sprayed black, should have been like that leaving the factory IMO...

img0779a.jpg

Dave what did you use to paint it and how hard was it to remove from the bumper.

Cheers, Chris.

Use a bit of g3 or t cut with a damp cloth It should clean off easy.