What Can i tweek with the 8P3

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hi guys tempted to buy a VCDS licensed cable, i have an 8P3, just wondering what features i can get

can I

1) make it chirp on lock and unlock
2) make electric mirrors fold in on lock and fold out on unlock
3) make the sidelights bright as the DLR's
4) have the needles sweep on start

any features above that can be done by VCDS? any other cool stuff that can be done? Cheers

1: yes
2: no
3: I wouldn't with led drl's
4: Only with an S3

All depends on the modules fitted & what coding is available, its good for allot of things, diagnostics being a major one, self servicing another, clearing any errors, logging for possible fault finding, checking functions of switches/electronics, loads of stuff.

Reactions: sliced
1: yes
2: no
3: I wouldn't with led drl's
4: Only with an S3

All depends on the modules fitted & what coding is available, its good for allot of things, diagnostics being a major one, self servicing another, clearing any errors, logging for possible fault finding, checking functions of switches/electronics, loads of stuff.

final question, would i be able to enable comming home and leaving home lights? on my 8p2 i had a button next to the headlights dial, on my 8p3 i dont have it :(

If your previous car had the ch/lh button then you obviously had the full auto light etc system, if your car doesn't have auto on the headlight switch, then to get this all back you'd need the system fitted, of which I can do, its not a vcds coding option alone & the facelift cars haven't all or many been successful at enabling the system.

Some facelift cars don't have the button anyway, it depends on the ce module fitted, if you have auto but no button, then either its not been enabled, different ce module fitted or its dis based ch/lh only.

Question 3 = The equivalent is to set DRL's to Scandinavian mode via VCDS. That way you effectively have external sidelights with bright DRL's, but no interior lighting.

Just made the seasonal switch on mine as the afternoons are getting darker, IMO it's preferable to have brighter front DRL's w\ rears on at this time of year.

Reactions: sliced