1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can I sell these wheels for?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Wicked666, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I thought they'd go quite quickly. Anyone got any ideas?

Clicky

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bargain, I sold my 16's off my 2.8Q for £320.
    It maybe just because you've set a buy it now. People seem to like the chance of a bargain with the auction. Setting a reserve or high start price just seems to put people off. I start low, then just use a couple of mates to hike the price if it looks like it'll go for stupidly low money.

4. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

I've bought 2 sets of comps for my A4 - one set for £200 and the other for £120.

Kev.

5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I would be expecting S3 wheels for about that price going on what I've seen on ebay, think what Andy has suggested is a good idea though.

6. Markb

Markb Active Member

To be honest I would say they are worth more like £150 - £200 as the tyres will want replacing by the sounds of it.

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

For around £250, you can get a set of 17" S3 Avus alloys on ebay, yours are 16", so I would aim around 150-200 mark, as suggested by Markb above /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

8. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

If all the tyres will need replacing, then they are worth no where near that price - you could be paying over £300 for new tyres - people will just spend a little bit more and buy some 2nd hand ones with good tyres. The wheels are mint as you say, but I reckon theyre gonna have to go for below £200.