What can I get out of my A3 TDI

john71482

Reaction score
Hello, I've not long had my A3 2.0 TDI 140 and was just wondering what people think about the remaps and someone told me to get the dpf removed?? Any other approved modifications anyone can recommend? Thanks John!

i got same engine A4 and got mine mapped yesterday and have only driven it about 15 miles and its shockingly good for the money. apparently it does improve once the ECU learns more, but regardless really impressive for a diesel. the power kicks in very low about 1800rpm than it winds up and you don't even need sport mode anymore. its a very smooth acceleration and not aggressive at all with a wide power band, exactly how it should be!

Hi John. The PD140 engine didn't really suffer alot from DPF problems. They do occur but not as much as the 170 version. If your going down that route IMO its best to do Stage 1 remap, DPF delete and EGR delete.

Yes it will and will make your car run alot better. The EGR delete is an update with the remap and is done so that the EGR valve remains closed so that you get no recirculated hot gases back into your engine.

John on paper its 185bhp but in reality it feels closer to 200bhp. But its the delivery that makes it worthwhile whilst driving

its £349 +VAT check to see what promotions are on when you do it

I've had my A3 2.0tdi CR140 for just under 2 years now as standed and have wanted a remap for a long while now so took the plunge 2 weeks ago and went for a Superchips bluefin map.I'm not bothering with dpf or egr but with this map alone the car is alot more responsive than before and has made it smoother and alot eager to pull in 2 3 4 with lower rpms and the pull from 6th is better.

Hello, I've not long had my A3 2.0 TDI 140 and was just wondering what people think about the remaps and someone told me to get the dpf removed?? Any other approved modifications anyone can recommend? Thanks John!

I have recently thought about mine, had it remapped when I bough it, but it isn't enough and I came across company called DARK SIDE DEVELOPMENT.
any thoughts guys ? anyone used them ?
Darkside 1.9 & 2.0 TDI Budget Turbo Kit inc Fitting and Mapping - Darkside Developments

Thanks

I was lucky enough to get hold of a second hand bluefin unit so all it needed was to be reset via my PC by Superchips which cost £225 so all in all I saves about £90 as the cost new from Superchips is about £360.The thing I liked about it is that you can reset back to the standed map and vise verser as my times as you need and takes about 5min to install the new map once downloaded from SC and all from the comfort of your own car so no need to travel any were.
I did look into fitting a tuning box to the fuel rail but didn't fancy having to strap a box with extra wiring loom under the bonnet,don't get me wrong these may work just as good and alot of people have been happy with them but they only work with the fuel rail and some now plug into the fuel rail and turbo,or some were like that but the remap is done via the ecu much better l think.

Last edited:
My local garage I've used for a while recommended hyper chips as they deal with them, had other cars mapped before but what a difference. Was definitely worth doing, but know I want more power and don't fancy spending big money on a hybrid.

Yiu can get ir pushing close to 300bhp if your ready to spend the money but remap etc will get about 170bhp-180 depending on the mods like de-cat exhaust, boost hoses etc etc, if you want more than that you need hybrid turbo and deffo need de-cat with the hybrid turbo and then a performance clutch and custom remap should get you around 210bhp depending ok which turbo you buy, after that i would recommend 1287 injectors from darkside developments that should push you to about 260-270bhp but all that will set you back a good few thousand atleast 4-6K