What brakes for stage 2 s3

g dawg

Reaction score
What breaks do u lads use on your s3 I'm going stage 2+ gradually over the next 4 months and my breaks are due too

There's not a whole lot of point wasting money on aftermarket pads,if you're after better braking all round.

The S3 brakes are heavy(weight wise) and prone to fade quite quickly,trying to stop 1500kgs of car.

If you want something better,invest in a decent brake kit,either from DaveB1970,or APRacing,Brembo etc,or maybe an RS brake kit.....all of these will be vastly better than something like a more aggressive set of pads.

Mine are a hybrid of VWRacing's 6 pot calipers,with AP rotors,and Mintex 1155 pads,although those pads are more track oriented.

I have 8 pot setup for £1500.

There you go!

Something way better than aftermarket pads at a decent price.

Reactions: N8
ive been looking at K sport wat do you reckon , they seem to get good reviews aside from the pads 8 pot calipers with 356mm floating discs

Brakes would be down the line for me but I still have the OEM S3 brakes at Stage 2+ which I think are adequate enough for my driving. I will change to either TTRS or R8 brakes when or if a good deal comes up. Keep it OEM! :)

Reactions: martinivw and S3Alex
I'm running Ferrodo DS2500 on std discs and noticed a big improvement in stopping power and less fade at St 2+.

Brakes would be down the line for me but I still have the OEM S3 brakes at Stage 2+ which I think are adequate enough for my driving. I will change to either TTRS or R8 brakes when or if a good deal comes up. Keep it OEM! :)

It's probably just the way I drive!

I've had Alcon and AP systems before,and I think I found the brakes on this car just weren't the same.

Reactions: martinivw
The S3 brakes are a definite step back from my mk2 cupra, with those things I could almost make passengers heads hit the windscreen lol

The S3 brakes are a definite step back from my mk2 cupra, with those things I could almost make passengers heads hit the windscreen lol

What brakes were you running on your Cupra?

How about cayenne 6 pots, Whats peoples opinion on these?

Just standard ones but they seem to have a lot more bite than s3 ones

It's certainly a lighter car,which makes a big difference,but I agree,the S3 brakes have very little feel.

OEM isnt always the best besides Brembos are heavy never really fancied them, after OEM they are the heaviest caliper / disc set up the lightest are the Tarox then the alcon then AP racing following by stoptech.

personally id rather get an aftermarket kit.. look at the K-sport 8 pistons with floating rotors and ferrodo pads at 1,000 pounds compared to TTRS brakes at 1500 pounds if you want it to look oem just ask them to power coat it in black or silver thats what i tend to do